Chapter 1: Madison Paige Cameron

My eyes fluttered open from the deep slumber I was in. I frowned and wiped the side of my face, was that drool?

It was.

I looked over at Gabriel, he laid beside me, his eyes shut peacefully. He laid on the other side of the bed, his hands sprawled about as he slept soundly. His breathing was even and quiet. He never snored; that was one thing I loved about him.

I stared at him, smiling a little to myself. How luck was I? His stubble was becoming somewhat of a beard around his jawline. I loved that about him, it made him even hotter. He had thick, blonde hair that I just loved running my fingers through. His eyes were closed, but I had those piercing emerald eyes engraved into my brain. I loved everything about him; I knew everything about him.

We were in his bed, at his apartment. His parents rented him an apartment when he graduated from high school. They were pretty well off, and Gabriel didn't have to do much for money or for their approval. They just loved their son and everything about him. They paid for his tuition at the local university. As of now, he had no idea what he'd major in. For now, he played football.

We met in high school, when he was a senior and I a junior.

I glanced at him again, seeing a line of light from the sun split his face into two. I smiled, isn't that cute?

Wait, the sun...

My eyes widened as I realized it was morning.

"Crap, Gabriel, Mom wanted me home last night." His eyes flew open and he looked at me.

"Shit, I'm so sorry babe, let's go." I stood along with him. He stretched, his back popping in the process. I flinched, but checked him out. God, he's so sexy.

Now is not the time.

I looked down at my phone. My mom had called me a few times and I sighed, knowing I'd be in trouble. I bit my lip nervously and dialed her number. I wasn't necessarily afraid of my mother, I just hated to disappoint her. The two of us had an amazing relationship.

"Madison Paige Cameron, I told you to be home last night, did I not?" She asked me. I winced, when she was calm, she was mad.

"Yes ma'am, I'm so sorry I fell asleep watching TV with Gabriel." She hummed.

"I understand that you can get sleepy, but you know when you're feeling tired. You should have left once you felt that way." She scolded. "He should've known better two! How could both of you just fall asleep? You had me worried."

"I know." I mumbled. "I'm coming home straight away."

"Of course you are. I'll talk to you when you get here." I sighed.

"Yes ma'am." I hung up as I felt arms wrap around my waist. I turned and smiled up at him.

"I'm sorry to get you in trouble baby." He told me and I laid my head on his shoulder. "I don't know why she gets so upset, we've been together for a while now."

"It's my fault too. You know how Mom gets; it's okay. I had fun with you though." He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"So did I. Come on, let's go." I followed him out of the house and to his car.

"Maybe since your mom likes me, she'll let you off." I looked away from him, nodding.

"Mhmm." I never had the guts to tell him Mom didn't like him. She hated him ever since I introduced them five months ago. Mom said he was too whiney and too sweet. She says the way he acts around her just screams fake. She wants him to be himself around her. I admit, he does use a different voice when he's around my parents, but he just wants to impress them. I don't blame him, they're hard to please. Dad doesn't like him because he's a boy. I love him though, so I don't care.