6

The long flight was too sorrowful, too broken. Everyone mourned, some cried (most cried), some would save their tears for their privacy.

You picked up the scrapbook you'd just given to Wanda. You flipped through the pages and got to the last ones, more tears coming to your eyes as you saw the hollowed out pages that you'd stored Wanda's extra gift in.

A diamond ring.

Pietro looked at the ring in shock, you were so pained to see it. You were going to propose properly when she found it. But now you couldn't.

You choked out, "I was going to marry her."

Pietro held his arm around you and rested your head on his shoulder. You passed out during the trip, exhausted from tears.

When the jet landed, Pietro woke you and the two of you rushed inside to find Ethan. Once in the building, you yelled and screamed in hopes of finding him.

"Ethan?" you called again.

When you heard the small call from somewhere in the building, you rejoiced. "Mommy?" the little voice called.

You followed the sound of the voice and found Ethan. He'd rushed to a panic room when people started disappearing.

"Baby, come here," you held him in a close hug. Pietro joined you both, so relieved his nephew was alright.

"Where's Momma?" he asked tearfully. You tried to hold back your own tears, trying to be strong for Ethan. It didn't work very well because as you spoke, a small waver of your voice gave you away.

"She's one of the ones who..." you couldn't say it and Ethan didn't need to hear it. He cried more, hugging you for comfort as he heard the news of his mother.

Pietro asked gently, "Ethan, where's Irina?"

He already knew the answer, but he had to be sure.

He cried more and Pietro had his confirmation. You all were just a crying mess now as you stayed there, hugging each other tight as you mourned your loved ones.

~

"Momma," Ethan's voice came from the other room as he peered around the corner at you while holding a wolf plushie in his arms. You turned to him, wiping at your eyes as you spoke quietly, "Hey, buddy... Can't sleep?"

He shook his head slowly and you beckoned him over. You sat him in your lap, kissing his head. "I miss Mommy," he sighed, wiping his face with the back of his hand while one held tightly to his plush. "I know, honey, I know," you told him, "I miss her, too."

It had been a week since everyone faded away. They had found some strange device where Maria and Fury had disappeared and it seemed to be searching for something, it had a strange symbol on the small screen. But you didn't worry yourself with that too much. You were more worried about taking care of Pietro and Ethan. Pietro was so broken up about losing Irina, you couldn't blame him for a second.

Your powers had been going haywire, and you tried to look into them more. You tried to learn more about your powers with the little time you had when you weren't comforting Pietro or Ethan or crying. You looked everywhere you could but didn't find much. You would have to dig more.

The days were colder than they should have been, the sun only ever showed for a couple hours at a time before hiding behind the clouds again. It was like it had also taken a toll from the whole ordeal.

You stood up, grabbing Ethan's hand and walking him to his room. He got back in the bed and you read next to him until he was able to fall asleep. You brushed the hair out of his face and kissed his cheek when he'd fallen asleep and headed over to see how Pietro was doing.