3

"Come on, I feel like I'm the only one eating here," Bruce-er, Hulk-what do you call him now?-said. He was big and green, but not as big and green as you remembered. And he was wearing glasses...and clothes. The looks he got as you all watched him eat was nothing short of confusion. He pushed the bowl of eggs toward Pietro, Ethan, and Scott. "Try some of that. Have some eggs."

Pietro shrugged and picked up a fork, stabbing at the eggs as he started to eat. Ethan giggled at him as he shoved some eggs in his mouth. You looked at him from your spot next to Natasha, the look you gave was one of disappointment. He shrugged, "What? I have a high metabolism, I need to eat."

You sighed and shook your head, Scott catching everyone's attention. "I'm so confused," he shook his head.

"These are confusing times," Bruce chuckled.

"Right, no, no. That's not what I meant. I-"

He was cut off by Bruce's laugh as he poured syrup over a giant...pancake burrito. "Nah, I get it. I'm kidding. I know it's crazy! I'm wearing shirts now."

Scott nodded, still trying to take him in and understand what was happening. "Yeah. What? How? Why?"

"Well, I don't think you would want to see him naked," Pietro mumbled around a mouthful of eggs. You kicked him under the table and he yelped, giving you an annoyed look. Ethan laughed again.

Bruce spoke up again, "Five years ago, we got our asses beat. Except it was worse for me...cause I lost twice. First, Hulk lost, then Banner lost...and then, we all lost."

Natasha shook her head, "No one blames you, Bruce."

He nodded, "I did." Silence lingered for just a moment before he continued. "For years, I've been treating the Hulk like he's some kind of disease, something to get rid of. But then, I started looking at him as the cure. Eighteen months in the gamma lab. I put the brains and the brawn together, and now, look at me...best of both worlds."

"Yeah," you said, turning to Natasha and muttering under your breath, "In some universe..." She smacked your shoulder lightly to get you to stop and you faked hurt and turned to Pietro and Ethan, laughing under your breath as they joined you.

Some kids walked over, phone in hand. "Excuse me, Mr. Hulk?" the girl asked.

"Yes."

"Can we get a photo?"

"100%, little person," he smiled. "Come on, step up. Do you mind?" He handed the phone to Scott so he could take the picture. He nodded, "Oh, yeah, yeah."

"Thanks," Bruce muttered. "Say 'green'." They all did just that, monotone voices of different levels joining in until the picture was taken. "Did you get that?" Bruce asked.

Scott nodded and handed the phone back, "Did you want to get one with me? I'm Ant-Man." They gave each other confused looks at his question. Scott nodded, pretending not to be hurt, "They're Hulk fans. They don't know Ant-Man."

They started mumbling to one another, Bruce insisting Scott wanted a picture and Scott insisting he was alright. Pietro laughed, "Let me tell you, old man. Never assume a kid knows you because you're a superhero."

One of the boy's faces lit up as his jaw dropped, "You're the Quicksilver a-and Lady Sun!" You looked over in surprise that he knew you, first of all, and that he was excited to meet you. Before this whole catastrophe, the two of you were kind of a danger zone to people.

"Oh, my gosh. Can we get a picture?" the other boy asked. Pietro snickered under his breath before nodding, "Of course. It would be a pleasure."

You nodded, "Yeah, yeah." You scooted out of the booth with Pietro, kneeling with the kids as Scott took the phone back with a forced smile. You held up a peace sign, lighting the tips of your fingers with small flames for the picture.