8

Your anger rose inside of you, along with the fire engulfing your arms. The room started getting hot, everyone felt it. But it wasn't from your fire.

The temperature all over the planet rose ever so slowly and it seemed to get brighter. Rhodey shook his head, ignoring the heat in favor of the matter at hand, "We have to tear this place apart, he has to be lying."

Nebula spoke, staring at Thanos, "My father is many things. A liar is not one of them."

He looked over at her, "Ah, thank you, daughter." Nebula looked down, a little uncomfortable. "Perhaps I treated you too harshly."

You were just about to light the bastard on fire when Thor beat you to it, his face filled with rage as he raised to summon Stormbreaker, and before anyone can stop him, sliced Thanos' head clean off. Thanos' limp body fell to the floor. Nebula wiped off some of the blood spatter.

You sighed heavily, ceasing your powers. But the temperature still grew. "What... What did you do?" Rocket asked, shocked.

Thor looked broken as realized what he had done, "I went for the head." Thor slowly walked out of the shed, no real purpose in his steps.

Steve wiped the sweat from his forehead as you all slowly walked out of the shed. He looked uo at the sky, a lot brighter than it was before. He turned to you, "Are you doing this?"

You looked at him, your face broken as your mourning set it deeper, making a home in you. You shook your head lazily, "I can't control the weather, Steve."

"Okay, well, it's really hot," he said, fanning his face. You shrugged as you all continued to head back to the ship.

But Carol stopped you all. "Guys, why is that sun headed straight for us?"

You looked up into the sky and your eyes widened to see the sun was indeed moving toward the planet very slowly.

Everyone ran to the ship except you. Pietro tried to get you to go, but you were staring up at the sun. There was something inside of you that made it stand out.

"Y/N, we need to go," Pietro told you.

You raised a hand to the sun, fire engulfing your palm as you stared up at it. "So now you're going to fight the sun?" he asked you accusingly.

You raised the other hand, and Pietro turned your head for you to look at him. He was sweating quite a lot, there was enough sweat on his face to soak a towel. "We have to go before we all die!"

You turned toward the sun again, no longer in a trance but in a sudden panicked move. You raised both hands in the air, forming an "x" at your wrists with your palms open just above your forehead.

You took a deep, hot breath in and closed your palms, pushed your hands out toward the sun forefully as your powers worked. It was like there was some invisible force pushing against you, but you managed to push passed it. Keeping your hands out was a struggle as the force kept pushing against them. You squeezed your eyes shit and gritted your teeth as you forced your powers against the sun.

The sun stopped its venture toward the planet, slowly traveling back as it moved back into its place in the sky at a safe distance away. You stopped using your powers, falling to the ground as you gulped in air to breath.

Pietro knelt down next to you in surprise, "How did you do that?"

You shook your head, wiping your sweaty forehead. Pietro helped you to your feet, walking you back to the ship. You all got in and Steve was the first to question.

"How did you do that?" he asked.

You shook your head again, "I guess my powers are more than just fire..."

Rocket muttered, "Really? We hadn't noticed..."

He started the ship and headed back to Earth. You sat next to Pietro, staring down at your hands in question of your powers.

Did this have to do with Thanos knowing who you were?

-

When the ship landed outside of the compound, you all got out with slow, hopeless steps. You failed. Again.

You didn't get the Stones back, you didn't get your friends back. You didn't get Wanda back.

You made your way inside the compound. It was morning out. In the living room, Pepper was sitting in a chair next to Tony in the infirmary, Ethan asleep in her lap. He must have gotten scared and went to her.

He woke up when you opened the door and walked inside. He got out of Pepper's lap, running over to you and hugging you tight. You bent down, holding him to you as you held back your tears.

"What happened?" he asked. You shook your head and sighed, "It's nothing. Come on, let's get you breakfast."

You thanked Pepper and began walking out of the room to get to the kitchen. He stopped and you turned to him, kneeling in front of him. "What's wrong?"

He wiped at his eyes, "Will the others ever come back? Will Mommy come back?"

You swallowed hard at his question, wiping your own eyes before your tears could spill over. "I don't know. I don't... I don't think so."

You hugged him again when he started to cry. You rubbed his back, "I know. We tried. I tried so hard to get her back, I did. I'm so sorry."

"I miss her," he said. Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around you and Ethan. You looked over and saw Pietro. He'd seen and added for comfort.

"I do, too," yoh told him. You kissed his forehead, sniffing and looking over at Pietro. "It'll be okay. Okay? We'll be okay."

You let out a shaky breath, blinking away tears, "It has to be."