9

"Alright, the glove's ready," Rocket spoke as he cradled it in his hands. You and Pietro looked up, lips parted as you heard the fresh news, good news. Pietro had been pacing the room for the better half of an hour. You had been watching him—it was stressing you out and making it harder to focus, but you could not exactly tell him to stop. "Question is, who's gonna snap their frickin' fingers?"

Thor stood, wobbling on his feet a little as he spoke, "I'll do it."

He continued to advance, even as people questioned him and warned him off. They put hands out in front of them and kept Thor back, shaking their heads as he declined his request. Pietro moved to stand in front of the glove to separate Thor from it.

"Wait, Thor. Just wait," Steve said. "We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet."

Thor shrugged, "I'm sorry. What, we're all just sitting around, waiting for the right opportunity?"

Scott shook his head as he looked between everyone. "We should at least discuss it."

"Look, sitting here staring at the thing is not gonna bring everybody back." His voice was desperate again as he gestured a hand toward the glove. "I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty."

They began arguing again as they tried to persuade him otherwise. Thor became frustrated as he angrily shushed everyone to let him speak. "Just stop it! Let me..." He sighed, pressing a fist into Tony's hand as he whispered, "Just let me do it. Just let me do something good, something right."

"Look, it's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent. I'm telling you. You're in no condition," Tony told him, trying to convince him to stop arguing about it.

Thor chuckled lightly, desperation still clear, "What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?"

Rhodey looked over, still adorning in his armor, "Cheez Whiz?"

Thor glanced at him before shaking his head, "Lightning. Lightning."

"Lightning's not gonna help you, pal," Bruce spoke up, arms crossed over his chest in thought. "It's gotta be me." He stood from his leaning position on a table and walked forward slowly. "You saw what the stones did to Thanos. It almost killed him. None of you could survive."

He got to the glove and Pietro took a step to the side, rejoining your own side with a breath. Steve crossed his arms over his chest as he shook his head. "How do we know you will?"

"We don't. But the radiation's mostly gamma. It's like..." Bruce shook his head, his eyes closing as he sighed. "I was made for this." Bruce physically and mentally prepared himself for the task he needed to complete.

You and Pietro stood close, taking cover next to Tony, who put up a shield to ensure that you were both protected alongside Clint. Tony nodded to him and Bruce held the small glove in his large hands. "Good to go, yeah?"

Bruce nodded gently, "Let's do it."

Tony nodded as he stepped away, "Okay, remember, everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago, you're just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years."

Bruce nodded, "Got it."

Slowly, everyone began taking precautions as their suits activated to cover their faces and protect their bodies. Tony spoke behind his mask, "Friday, do me a favor and activate Barn Door Protocol, will ya?"

"Yes, boss," she replied. Suddenly, shields and walls began to close around the room you were all in, and then it wrapped around the entire compound to protect the rest of the world against whatever was about to go down in here.

As you stood next to Pietro, you grasped his hand and squeezed. If this worked, if this fixed everything, you would be getting your soulmate back. You would be getting Wanda back. You could hold her again, kiss her and tell her how much you loved her. You could bend your knee and ask her to be yours again.

This was your one shot. You only had one shot.

Bruce nodded to himself, muttering under his breath. "Everybody comes home." He began to push his hand into the glove, which molded to fit the size of his fist. Everyone watched anxiously, unable to tear their eyes away.

As the glove took root on his arm, everything seemed to become darker as lights and sparks began to take over. Electric streaks covered his arm and he let out a strangle yell as he bent down in the pain of it all. Energy crackled and spasmed as he tried to control it. He fell to his knees as it spread over his body.

Thor panicked, "Take it off! Take it off!"

Steve shook his head, holding out a hand, "No, wait. Bruce, are you okay?"

"Talk to me, Banner," Tony said.

His arm began burning away under the power of the stones. It burned away some of the sleeves that tattered his shirt. He nodded gently, "I'm okay, I'm okay."

As Bruce's pain seemed to calm, a type of pain sprouted in your head. Again, this vision came quicker, but it was probably one of the most painful ones you had ever had. No one had really noticed other than Pietro, the energy crackling over Bruce's groans were too loud.

You gripped your head tight as only flashes past through your head. It did not take you under the cold embrace of foresight, but it hurt like a bitch.

Bursts of light.

Darkness shrouded by dark clouds.

A ship, then more ships.

Nebula.

The glove.

A spear.

Golden armor.

Your vision did not continue, knocked out of your mind by the force of the impact that came from the glove before you. You fell to your knees at the same time Bruce fell to the ground. You clutched your head as everyone rushed to him, save for Pietro, who knelt down to you.

He held a hand out, which you grasped tightly as you panted and nodded at his question as to whether you were alright or not. "What did you see?" he asked quietly.

You shrugged as the pain slowly slipped away. You let out a deep breath and slowly rose again, "I don't know. Flashes. I couldn't get anything." Pietro sighed and helped you to your feet.

You walked to Bruce, still catching your breath as you looked over him. "Did it work?" he asked. His entire arm was decimated, crippled and weak from the power of the snap. It looked scorched, like it had gotten caught in a fire.

"We're not sure. It's okay," Thor told him, grasping his other arm. The shields began to open up, letting the light from the outside shine in. As you all stood around him, a phone began to ring somewhere in the room. Clint looked back, walking away slowly to see his vibrating on the table.

Pietro's head perked up when he heard his own ringtone go off. He left your side as he began to walk toward it, as if it was pulling him closer like gravity. You did not walk after him, you just watched as he did.

He came to his phone on the counter, staring at the screen a little too long as he picked it up. He looked back at you, his eyes already glossy with tears as he showed you the screen from where you stood.

On the screen was a picture of Irina.

He answered the phone and brought it to his face, letting out a desperate sigh as he nodded and smiled. Tears were streaming down his face and he covered his mouth with his hand. He muttered something back in a soft voice. The only thing you picked up were the Russian words that fell off his tongue.

You smiled as your heart stopped, forcefully pulling at your sleeve to tug it off of your arm. You just had to see. You just had to catch a glimpse, just one