1

Five years later. Five agonizing, torturous, mind-breaking years later. You thought everything would have gotten easier by now, but with every second that ticked by, everything seemed to crumble piece by piece.

You could not stand living in the compound anymore. That was once a place you lived with her and now she was gone. Everywhere you turned was another memory of you and her.

You and Pietro decided to move. You stayed in New York, you still worked with Natasha. Everyone else had nearly given up. You would not leave her to do things on her own. Especially with Clint gone, she needed company.

While you worked with Natasha, Pietro found work with Steve, attending therapy sessions and helping the ever-struggling community that needed him.

Tony and Pepper got married years ago, moving out to a rural area where they lived together away from the city that reminded them of their failure.

Thor moved to Norway where his town "New Asgard" settled. After the destruction of his home world, he needed a place to start his new home. What better place than the gods' home of so many years ago? You went down there sometimes to keep in touch with the members of the team. Brunnhilde, an ex-Valkyrie, all but ran the town and took great pleasure in seeing "her little nephew". She and Ethan had become friends in the time they knew each other.

Natasha continued to search for her lost friend, trying to bring him home to help him. You did what you could to help, as did Rhodey and others, but you also focused yourself on studying your magic.

Tony had pointed you in the direction of a "Sanctum", where a sorcerer named Dr. Stephen Strange had once resided. He said that it might help to answer some of your questions, and it had.

You found a lot about your powers in the books there. There was one that stood out, a chained book that was a sort-of copy of one called "The Darkhold" that had been made after the original was stolen. It held different legends of entities and ever-powerful beings such as the Infinity Stones (which almost had you burning the book), the Scarlet Witch (which you knew nothing about), and (one that surprised you the most) the Lady of the Sun.

Apparently the Lady of the Sun, or Lady Sun, was a being that was created to rule over heat, warmth, and (of course) suns. She was one of three god-like beings: the two others being named Lord Moon and Lady Star.

All of which were to be created from the Mind Stone, all of which would soon come together when the time was right, and all of which were made to rule over their designated areas. Together, they were named "The Cosmic Trinity".

After a lot of researching, you soon found out that Pietro was the so-called Lord Moon. The only reason he had not been called out by Thanos the same way you had been was because his powers had not yet been activated. Like you had a power unrelated to the sun-your visions-speed was the power he held that was unrelated to the moon.

So you practiced with him whenever you were not with Natasha or Ethan. You would teach him how to access his unknown abilities so that he could do what he didn't know he could. Like the moon controlled waves, Pietro was also able to manipulate water to a point. While it was a little contradictory to you, it did come in handy more than once. After months of training, you were able to teach him how to control the moon, its phases, its movement. He learned well.

So now that you knew you and Pietro were two-thirds of the so-called Cosmic Trinity, you began to wonder who the third was. But that did not matter. At least, not at the moment.

Your visions-they became far and few, worthless glimpses of a day-to-day activity that grew more tedious with each day. You had not had a meaningful vision since the day everyone left. It seemed your power had become useless without your soulmate by your side. You eventually gave up hope on that part of your power and grew your pyrokinesis instead. It excelled, fueled by every all-consuming, dreadful feeling in your body.