7

"Five years ago, we lost."

You stood next to Pietro, donned in a time travel suit that clung closely to your skin. You grabbed his hand, squeezing it gently as your nerves caught up to you. He gave you his best reassuring smile and a nod, and you took it with your own.

Steve, with his signature inspirational speech, looked over each of you. His confidence was somewhat contagious, he gave nothing away as he watched you all, but you could tell he was scared. "All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves."

You swallowed hard and glanced down at your forearm, where your mark was supposed to lay. You shook your head and looked back up. "Today we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back. One round-trip each. No mistakes, no do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives, and we're gonna win. Whatever it takes."

You all nodded, raising your hands and pressing them together in fists. Whatever it takes.

"Good luck," he nodded.

Rocket looked up at Scott, "He's pretty good at that."

"Right?" Scott nodded enthusiastically.

"Alright, you heard the man," Tony nodded as you all went to your respective places on the platform. "Stroke those keys, Jolly Green."

"You ready?" you asked Pietro, letting go of his hand to go to your spots.

He began to nod before sighing gently, his eyes falling on Clint. "One moment." He walked over to the man, who stood watching the ground. There was an obvious conversation in his head, but Pietro could not begin to decipher it. "Clint," he caught his attention, making the marksman raise his head. Pietro sighed and looked down before nodding. "I can't say I fully forgive you...that would be lying. But I get it, I understand." He held up his hand, "And this is as close as you're getting to an apology for the ambush a few days ago. So enjoy that."

Clint chuckled a little and nodded, raising his hand and shaking it. "You don't have to apologize, Pietro. I get it, and I'm sorry."

Pietro nodded and gave as much as a smile as he could before returning to your side. You gave him a look that had him rolling his eyes. "You say make amends, I'm making amends. I'm trying."

"I know... Thank you," you told him. He nodded and pulled you into a quick hug before returning to his spot.

"Trackers engaged," Bruce called.

Lights began to illuminate around the pad as it powered up, vibrating underneath your feet. The glass from the mirrors overhead clinked and sparkled as they formed, moving to activate the machine. Your helmets engaged, forming over your heads and completing your suit. The ground opened up and swallowed you all whole and suddenly...

You were flying.

It was like you were soaring through space and time...because you were. Shrunk down to a size your mind could not even comprehend, you glided through molecules and macromolecules. Lights flashed around you, whether they were simply illusions or actual activities you could never begin to understand, you did not know.

All you knew was that there was a sudden flash and...you were in a building, a dark room that shielded you from the world outside of it. You looked at Pietro as both of your suits disappeared from your body, replaced with the stretchy, red material of workout leggings and a t-shirt. Pietro's attire was similar, except it was blue and he wore baggy shorts instead.

"It worked," you breathed.

He nodded, "Yeah, now let's go beat up our past selves." You laughed quietly and opened the door slowly, looking both ways into the empty hallways to find your old selves. As you roamed the halls, quickly and quietly, you came across them in no time, huddled together in a conversation like they were hiding something.