Chapter 4: Patrol & Reunion, The Omen Scorpion's Sting

After their three trials and earning Priscilla's training & gift of the superhuman serum, Laine, Cole, Beth, Chad and Donna went upstairs to take a well earned break while Priscilla had a mission for Lincoln.

Once Lincoln lead the five out of the Scorpion's Den back the way they came, the white haired man came back down to the lair to see Priscilla looking at the monitors.

Lincoln: You needed to see me, Mother?

Priscilla: Indeed. In the lower east regions of the city where those who chose to not join the Black Skulls organization but didn't want to challenge them went into hiding, living through any means of survival.

Lincoln: So basically, the people there have not much food, water and a roof over their heads.

Priscilla: Indeed, the monitors show a group of soldiers from the Black Skulls are heading to their location.

Lincoln: So they're planning on executing the people down there? People who barely have anything left and aren't trying to get themselves caught in the business of our enemy & want to be left alone.

Priscilla: I know but according to an source of mine, someone from the lower east regions managed to sneak into one of the bases outside the city  and take an item of value, meaning that the soldiers are going over to reclaim it along with the thief's life & will not hesitate to kill anyone there to find it. You need to head there, stop the Soldiers and secure the item from the thief.

Lincoln: Do the Soldiers of the Black Skulls have to be left alive?

Priscilla: No.

Lincoln: (smirks) Perfect.

Lincoln heads to the armory & weapons vault level, passing through the numerous weapons and armor to take a right to a dead end, placing his hand on a brick wall to his left, pressing it forward with a click sound as a passageway opens. Lincoln walks inside and within it was a human size pod as he places his hand on a scanner.

Scanner: Access Granted.

The pod opened up to reveal an attire with light but very strong durable armor.

Lincoln: Time to suit up.

******

Meanwhile in the lower east part of town....

It was a broken down town referred to as one of the lowest levels of the Black Skull food chain. Those who weren't joining the Black Skulls and didn't want to fight back were forced down to areas like this rather than getting imprisoned or killed. While the people here have some means of a roof over their heads, the food, water, clothes and other supplies were harder to get, especially out in the winter as the supply percentage of low as some tries to steal from the other to survive.

Some people were outside to shovel snow out of the road, sidewalks and driveways until they saw something heading right into their direction, two wide, armored trucks entered the streets as people got out of the way as they drove in, stopping in the center of the road.

The civilians of the town had worried and fearful while protecting their young children or loved ones as the doors were opening and a group of men and women dressed in black and green soldier gear with armored vests, gloves and boots, the Black Skulls symbol on their gear and carrying weapons as they were glaring at the civilians.

Man: Whoa, whoa, whoa! What are you-

One of the soldiers hit the man with his gun, knocking him into the snow as the civilians gasped. The Leader of the group, wearing a skull mask with stitch marks spoke in a deep voice with a sneer.