Chapter 25

Yang watched as Ruby flew on Violet from the windows. She thought she was insane that her little sister just opened the hatch somehow without anyone noticing, and saddled up on the beast. Yang was incredibly jealous as she wanted to try riding the dragon herself. Or did she call it a dinosaur?

Eh, it was cool either way.

But what was not cool was how Ruby was so damn lucky sometimes. Her little sister might have had it rough, what with their dad being an asshole and all. But deep down, Yang would have like to think she had it rougher.

After hearing from Ruby what her dad tried to do, she had lost all respect for the man she looked up to. The image of a powerful, humble huntsman shattered in her eyes. Now all she saw was an obsessed, mental control-freak. It goes without saying that the blonde bruiser was really pissed off, and not because of her dad.

She was pissed off at Ruby herself.

She may not have had a happy childhood, but neither did Yang. Yang had been abandoned by her birth mother and lost her step-mother at a young age. Yang was raised all alone by her "Dad". Yang had no friends to talk or hang out with. And Ruby? Yang's smiled felt hollow.

Ruby had it all. She was raised by two mothers, had two younger siblings, and friends she could count on and have them be a part of her family. Yang may have only acted happy in front of her friends and father, but in actuality...

She was scarred for life. And the scars grew deeper after what her Dad tried to do to Ruby. She deserved to live her dream, but what about her? Even she couldn't answer.

"Yang?"

Yang snapped out of her thoughts and looked to the voice that called her. It was Blake.

"Are you alright?" She asked concerned. "You've barely said anything since we left."

Yang blinked before she forced a smile.

"Yep, everything's all honkey dory here!" She said a bit too cheerfully. "Just thinking of a couple ice-breakers once we get there!"

Blake knew Yang was not being honest, not even to herself. An old instinct that Blake had long suppressed began to faintly grow in her gut. She only felt it whenever someone she trusted was hiding something important. The only reason she didn't feel this feeling with Ruby was because she had a lot of secrets worth keeping to herself. Yang was definitely hiding something.

"So, what do you think we'll see once we get there?" Yang changed the subject.

"Snow."

Yang and Blake turned to hear Weiss answer dryly. The Bumblebee duo gave her weird looks, not fully understanding what made their favorite Ice Queen be so unpleasant.

"What's got you're panties so twisted?" Yang cocked an eyebrow.

Weiss' cheeks grew red at her teammate's choice of words, but out of irritation. Mostly. Her emotions were beginning to be to much for her to handle, but she managed to get herself under control.

"Forgive me if I'm not as elated as you all are about coming here." Weiss huffed.

"Aren't you, though." Yang prompted. "I thought you'd be happy that we're going to see where you grew up."

"Well, I couldn't do much or any growing up at home if I never had a childhood." Weiss remarked sourly.

"What does THAT mean?" Yang said with a weird look as if Weiss had just said something funny. She tried once, but it didn't work out. Like, at all.

"Are you saying you had no childhood to begin with?" Blake a cocked brow.

Weiss sighed looking downcast. It was pretty much her whole summary of her life at the Schnee Manor.