Chapter 12

This chapter, for safety reasons, is rated M for angst, graphic descriptions of violence, hard emotions, and brief gambling. Hopefully, this will never happen again.

If you even ask for a lemon, I'll probably just copy and paste a whole bunch of scenes from other fanfics or just not do them at all.

In the mean time, enjoy the chapter.

For the past few days, the whole school was in a state of pure bewilderment. News of strange lights and events have been spreading around faster than Ruby making a peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich. There was the talk of the three beacons near Mantle, the ice incident in Anima, and the weather haltage in Vacuo.

Ruby had no idea what this was all about, and twice as many questions as to why this happened. Now she definitely needed to call home and ask either her Mom Evelyn or Mew what the heck is going on. She'll have to do it later in the day, but for now it's time for class.

First was Professor Port's class, and she had to suffer another boring story of how he slaughtered an Alpha Ursa with only a paper clip and a trout. He then finishes with how he has the beasts own paw and uses it as a backscratcher. He threw it out days later when it did his back more harm than good.

Next was Oobleck's class with the zippy teacher being his usual self; speaking so fast that one would think he was possessed. He started talking about how these recent events were perhaps the first to ever happen and how he looked over every single text, scroll, and document and came up with nothing. He was too distracted with his own musings that he didn't pay attention to the class in front of him.

"What do you think they mean?" Weiss asked Ruby.

"Why are you asking me?"

"Well, your the expert of the unnatural."

"What about me is unnatural?" She asked, a bit offended by the remark.

Weiss cheeks flushed. "W-well, you have more than one Semblance for one!"

"What are you talking about?" She raises an eyebrow.

"That silver blast thing, the electricity, that super kick you did." Weiss began to list

"Mega Kick." She corrected.

"Whatever, that Hyper Beam, the metallic claws, all the like. Aren't those a Semblance?"

"Uhhhh...nooo." she said uneasily. "No, those aren't any kind of Semblance. They're a part of something called the 'Ancient Aura Arts,' but everyone at home calls them 'Techniques'."

Weiss' interest piqued a little.

"You see, I learned from at least four different masters who know how to use these techniques. Some require a lot of aura to use, while others require none at all. I learned that the types of moves you learn usually have to do with the type of aura you have."

Weiss took the young leader's words to mind, now even more curious about these arts.

"So, what type do you have?"

"For me, I have at least three different types: Grass, Steel, and Flying." She said. "Grass because of my Semblance, Steel because of my will and armor, and Flying because of my sense of freedom."

"Your aura is only a part of your Soul. The many different parts of it that make it up, determine the type of aura you have." Ruby explained.

"For example, when I read your aura, you have at least one type that splits into three other ones: Normal."

"Normal?" Weiss looked disappointed. "So my aura is nothing special then."

"Actually, you're wrong." Weiss looked at Ruby with uncertainty.