Chapter 15

"Start at the beginning." Eve said.

"We found this book, one that told a story of the Guardians of Remnant."

"They have that at Beacon!? I thought it was illegal to own!"

"Ruby said she used to read it." Blake said.

"Yes she did." Eve confirmed. "But that's because Aegis Village isn't part of the Kingdom."

"The point is, we have reason to believe that the events happening in Vale are connected to the story." Weiss explained. "So have you seen anything strange?"

Eve thought about this for a moment. She didn't want to reveal too much, but if these were Ruby's friends then maybe she can say a few things.

"There have been some rumors going around about the islands near Mantle." She said.

"Rumors?" Blake asked with curiosity. Yang would have said something about this, but know wasn't the time.

"We don't get many visitors here, but news does spread fast. Anyways, they said something about finding signs of life in those islands by using special drones to monitor the islands."

"By they, you mean Atlas." Weiss said.

"Yes," Eve said. "Courtesy of Beatrice Froste's biology department."

"What could a weapons factory use a biology department for?" Yang asked.

"She doesn't just make weapons. She also specializes in medicine and natural defenses of wildlife."

"For what?"

"For weapons projects."

The girls thought it was strange, but didn't question it.

"Alright, what else?"

"Well, there was an unnatural thunderstorm that happened here a month ago."

"Unnatural how?"

"The bolts suddenly looked alive and shot everywhere in town." She said.

It wasn't an exact lie, but she didn't want to reveal that it actually became a sentient Golem. Hell, she didn't even tell Ruby yet.

"Is that all?" Weiss asked.

"All that I can share for now."

"What does that mean?" Yang asked.

"It means there are some things I'm not aloud to share without permission."

"From who?"

"My daughter, Ruby." She said.

Yang held back a flinch, but it showed on her face. Eve frowned, and let out a sigh.

"If Ruby gives you all the okay, I'll tell you. But this is to protect you and everyone she cares about." Eve said softly and smiled. "Do you understand?"

They took a moment before nodding, with Yang nodding after them.

"Good. Thank you for being so kind and taking care of my little girl." She said.

"I promised to be the best partner I can for her, and a Schnee never breaks a promise." Weiss proclaimed proudly.

"She's our leader, we'll do anything we can for her." Blake said with a smile.

Yang remained silent before she said;

"It's no problem!" She forced a smile. "We've all got each other's backs."

"It's so wonderful to see Ruby making friends with such wonderful people!" Eve's smile widened. "I have to go, but tell Ruby that we love her and we wish she could visit soon! I'd love to meet you all in person."