Radioactive Dating

Inquiry: Where did it begin?
Posting results...

You'd spent hours putting clothes on, looking in the mirror, and ripping them off to make way for new options. Now, you'd been sitting in the parking lot for 30 minutes – dressed your best while still trembling within your own skin. The hot breath venting from your body met the cold from outside, leaving a film of fog glossing over your window as they kissed.

It'd been a while since you shook this bad as an aftermath of loose nerves.

To: Dickhart
I shouldn't have said yes. I can't do this. I just pulled up and I am freaking the fuck out.
Message Sent

Dickhart
Today 6:15PM
Would you calm the fuck down? It's dinner with a friend you grew up with.

To: Dickhart
Anthony we haven't seen each other since I was like 14! AND HE CALLED IT A DATE!
Message Sent

Dickhart
Today 6:16PM
You didn't tell me that...

To: Dickhart
I knew you'd try to talk me out of it.
Message Sent

Dickhart
Today 6:16PM
Gee, I wonder why?

To:Dickhart
Tony, I just don't know what to do rn. I know I want to go inside, but...idk. Ughhh.
Message Sent

Dickhart
Today 6:17PM
It doesn't matter what I say. You're going to do what you want anyway.

Dickhart
Today 6:18PM
Just do me a favor and check in, okay? And for the love of fuck be careful.

Dickhart
Today 6:19PM
He still creeps me out.

To: Dickhart
I will. Thanks Tony <3
Messenger Sent

Dickhart
Today 6:19PM
Don't thank me yet. There's still time for you to be skinned alive and turned into a lamp shade.

Dickhart
Today 6:20PM
I think your skin tone would match my curtains...

You rolled your eyes, closing your phone. Locked it, and stowed it away. Checked the rear-view mirror one more time, sighing as you popped the lock and opened an umbrella.

It was just a date...nothing more, nothing less.

Harmless.

Right?

...

The restaurant had its own entrance. A canopy cover, with its name scribbled in old, classic writing.

"La Perla Blanca"

You'd read about it in one of those magazines that showed pictures of tourist attractions that the locals couldn't afford.

During the week, it was a high-class dining experience with an open floor plan and chefs imported from around the world.

On the weekends...it was a nightclub that attracted both right and wrong attention.

Luckily, you didn't have to worry about that tonight. It was, however, packed.

A loud, multi-toned laugh came from a group of businesspeople at the bar; bottles glowing in front of LEDs shining behind the outline of a ship. An older couple discussed politics in the corner, their utensils hitting their plates as they laughed at Senator Warren's fumble during her presidential campaign.

Everything was modern, and posh. Even the air smelled expensive.

"Hello!" A hostess greeted you, dressed in black with a cerulean nametag, "My name is Leia. May I take you to a table, or are you waiting for someone?"