BONUS CHAPTER - THE HUNT

Author's Note

In celebration of Amazon Prime Video's newest series Panic, I am thrilled to be teaming up with Amazon Prime Video and Wattpad to write this exclusive chapter that puts my characters from this story into the world of Panic!

I hope this chapter intrigues and inspires you to learn more about Panic. Visit the #PanicWritingContest on Wattpad for the chance to put your creative writing chops to the test and learn more about the show!

To find out more about the contest, prizes, and how to enter, check out the #PanicWritingContest here: wattpad.com/AmazonPrimeVideo

Don't forget to watch the series premiere on May 28th, only on Amazon Prime Video, here: http://primevideo.com/

*     *     *

"Why can't we just pick numbers out of a hat?"

Lexi couldn't breathe. The barn smelled like moldy hay and body odor. The moldy hay she understood. The barn was abandoned last year when school funds ran out and they dropped the 4-H club in favor of working toilets. The body odor she blamed on the boys huddled next to her who didn't give a flying flip about hygiene.

"Okay, Twila. Tell us again why you have us risking our tails meeting in a barn just fifty yards from the school?" Lexi said. "If anyone sees us out here together, we could blow our chance at pulling this off."

Lexi watched her friend adjust her striped knee-high socks so each one lined up perfectly. Twila's parents owned the only department store within a fifty-mile radius of town, which meant her college tuition was solid as a rock, unlike Lexi's, who had worked like a pack mule to secure a meager one-year scholarship.

"There's too much to share in a group text, and I want to make sure people keep certain sensitive information private. Besides, this will be the last time we can look each other in the eyes and remember that we're all friends. So maybe people will behave themselves during Panic."

Emily snorted. "Now you're making assumptions."

Lexi acknowledged Emily with a chin jut that was promptly ignored. The two had been rivals since the fifth grade after Lexi bested Emily in the spelling bee then Emily turned around and trounced Lexi in archery.

"I know why Twila asked us to meet out here," said Nora. "She wanted to model the bangin' outfit she's wearing. Those socks are adorable. Pink and green are your colors."

As expected, Twila didn't catch the sarcasm in Nora's comment as she performed a pirouette. "The store just got a shipment of these from L.A. An up-and-coming designer made them. My dad let me choose the styles."

"Who cares about socks. Can we focus on Panic?" Henry said. "I'm the grad party organizer, and I'm supposed to be in the gym right now making sure shit's getting done." He reached for the pencil behind his ear and used it to point at the barn door. Being the editor of the school newspaper, he was never without a writing tool.