~14~

Naked! He was completely naked! Standing on her beach without a stitch on. And he waved at her! Lexi would never be able to look into those radiant eyes again. As soon as he busted her, she raced off the balcony to hide from the shame, and now she was pacing her bedroom, sucking in deep, calming breaths.

It was ridiculous, really. Men didn't intimidate her. She made captain of the debate team two years running, cracking the whip on any guy who challenged her. During swimming events, she kept a cool head and focused on her strokes in spite of the tiny swimsuits the boys wore for competitions. Then, in waltzes Mr. Wonderful and she's done for. How pitiful was that?

Maybe Lexi needed to take Nora's advice. If she kept her emotions out of it, she could enjoy a nice romp in the hay with a tall, dark, handsome man who was, at that moment, skinny dipping behind her house. Eep.

Lexi walked back to the balcony door and stared through the glass. Over the small sea wall, she could see Luke stretching for a towel, his nude body wet and glistening in the moonlight. He was so hot. It made her hot. She wanted to touch his skin and see if it burned her. Was he putting on a pair of shorts? Damn.

Biting her lip, she pushed open the door to stand inside the frame. As she squinted at him, a breeze blew across the balcony, whipping her hair into her face and blocking her view. When she got it corralled behind her ears, Luke was waving at her again. Holy smokes.

She couldn't pretend she didn't see him. That would be too obvious, not to mention rude. Should she wave back? That would be the polite thing to do. She waved back. He responded with another wave, but this one definitely said 'come join me'. He wanted her to join him on the beach...at night...alone.

Lexi swallowed, feeling more unsure of herself than she'd ever felt before. Meeting a handsome man on the beach could be the best or the worst thing to ever happen to her. No, losing that lacrosse match to the thundering turds from Madison was the worst thing to ever happen to her. So, this would have to be the second worst. Or it could be the best.

Luke had more sex appeal than any guy from any school or boy band on the planet, and he seemed nice, and he smelled nice, and... Oh, what the hell was she waiting for? When was a chance like this going to come along again? Lexi had never shied away from a challenge. If she blew it, she blew it, and life would go on. She held up a finger to signal she would be down in a minute, then she waltzed back into her room, determined to tackle this once in a lifetime opportunity. The story just got real.