vii

enjoy :)

FINLEY

        "Finley." Massive, calloused hand cupped my cheek, another hand brushed a strand of mousy lock of hair from my face. "Wake up," Octavius' deep, familiar voice demanded.

        Groggily, I shook his hands away feeling the overwhelming blanket of sleep draped over me, luring me to comfort. All I want to do is sleep. Sleep. I need sleep. "Listen here, I'm trying to sleep here...so go away." I stifled a loud yawn, cuddling closer to the tall, muscular body. So warm. "Just let me sleep,"

        My head felt foggy, like that one time I attempted to drink alcohol but I hadn't drank a drop. It felt as if every eye lash weighed more than it should, it felt as if I was slowly falling into a ocean of despair, almost giving into the helplessness.

        "No, no, Topolina." His warm hands made contact with my skin, tilting my chin slightly upward so I could shake the sleep away. Though it was literally quite impossible.

        I wasn't a morning person so I relished in taking naps during the day. Naps that would last for about three to four hours. If I didn't take a nap during the day, I would be quite insufferable later in the evening.

       My lips curved into a frown, faint sparks exploding through my nerves; Large, warm hands planted on my hips, hefting me against his body. I encircled his strong neck with my arms, slowly lowering my head and snuck my face into the crook of his neck. So warm. His touch sent my heart in a flurry of wild beats.

        Warmth crawled up my neck "If you touch my... my hot buns, I'm going to karate... karate sucker-punch you.." My voice slurred towards the end.

        His long, slender fingers threaded through my hair and gently rubbed the back of my neck.

       "Stop fuckin' moving," Gentle, masculine voice murmured like a musical lullaby to my ears. I squirmed slightly when his huge, steady hands slid under my jacket, caressing my back. "Sh, sonno. Sleep."

        (Sleep)

        The next few minutes spiraled through my mind like a kaleidoscope. I didn't remember much, though certain words and voices kept playing in my head over and over again like a broken record.

        Octavius deep, masculine voice persuading me to change out of my sticky clothes before I slept; his delicate, skillful fingers attempted to sweep my tangled, dark curls into a messy bun, grumbling incoherent profanities as they came undone.

        Time and time again. Eventually I fell asleep at some point, relishing in the soft touch of his fingers, lingering as they rubbed circles on my back.

        I woke up suddenly, eyes snapping wide awake as my horrid nightmare came to a conclusion, every single thought in high definition. My eyes took in the absence of light and without a doubt I knew I had slept too long. The bedroom felt like a place of safety, tidied yet desolate almost like it had once been deserted.

        The decor was painted with dark blend of colors, ranging from grey to midnight back and a large, neat king-sized bed rested against the windows; beautiful stars that filled the starry night like snowflakes in the night left a sense of warmth inside of me.