ix

FINLEY

        Charley had insisted on dragging me to another nightclub but this time I politely refused, promising that I would definitely accompany Charley and Aria on their next outing.

Charley didn't agree, she thought I was acting weird and I needed to up the dosages of my medicine. I pondered her advice but instead I chose to stay in bed, feeling lazy and groggily from my study session; I was sure that all the energy I previously had was drained.

        I couldn't even move my feet slightly to get them to start working. Every bone in my body seemed to halt, waiting for the signal — my signal to start working efficiently.

        I snuggled deep into the covers before rolling over to the other side, and softly grumbled under my breath due to the lack of sleep. It didn't make an ounce of sense. I was beyond tired, I was exhausted but I couldn't sleep. Every nerve and muscle inside my body were still working overtime to keep me awake and fidgeting.

        Shsndnfjcb sugars.

        "Finnie? Are you awake, baby?" The slight creaking of my bedroom door alerted me. I snapped my head sideways to the doorway anticipating the return of my older brothers but instead I was met with dark hazel eyes, the shade of mine. Mama. A small smile drew on her heart-shaped lips as she took in my current state. "Late night session?"

I nodded slowly feeling my eyelashes flutter against my skin. "I'm tired, but I don't feel sleepy."

Mama came over to my bedside, bending down slightly to take a seat by my bed. Soft, delicate fingers brushed my dark curls past my cheeks, caressing my skin with each warm touch. "Is it your thoughts again? Have you taken your medicine?"

Reluctantly, I shook my head feeling slight embarrassment that I hadn't been taking my pills. It wasn't my fault, I disliked them. The pills made me feel weird. "Baby, you have to take your medicine. Okay?" She asked in her that's-final voice and I nodded my head.

        They wouldn't hurt me... right. They're just medicine.

        Mama squeezed my shoulders, her warm smile shone down my frozen state. My body squirmed just a little as I felt my muscles relaxed.

I could feel the anxiety and uneasiness inside of me dispersing as I inhaled a certain intoxicating scent, clutching tightly onto the clothing cradled around me. The familiar scent seemed to help calm me down even if I didn't know why.

        Dark eyes flickered down to the thick, dark puffer coat cradled around me. Her lips pursed in thought as she eyed me carefully. "Weird, I don't recall you having this type of fabric. Where did you get that?"

        "Oh." Sugars, sugars, sugars. Where did I get it? Where did I get it? "Umm, a friend gave it to me. It's just... it's just a coat. Is.. is that okay, Mama? Can I wear it?"

        "Of course, baby." A slight chuckle escaped her lips. "Of course. Just be careful. Remember be careful of boys, okay? I want you to focus on your studies right now. You don't need any boys disturbing you and I wouldn't want you to get hurt especially when we just got you back. Hm?" Not all boys are bad. Octavius isn't.