Come Back Soon

Spot's POV:

I heard a small thud from my room and rushed up the stairs to find (y/n) passed out on the floor, she had already changed and her clothes were hung up to dry. I picked her up to find a cut on her throat that I hadn't noticed before but I wished I did because it was bleeding. I guess she didn't completely escape the Delancey's.

I laid her in my bed and pulled the covers over her while I rushed to grab some bandages. After I found some I did my best to bandage her neck but I didn't know the best way to do so without choking her.

After I was done I laid down beside her and pulled her limp body into my arms. She lay there unconscious for about an hour and that's when I noticed the sun had started rising. I prayed that she would wake up soon because Jackie Boy would kill me if he found his sister in my arms.

About thirty minutes later I felt his fingers lock with mine and her eyes fluttered open. She looked a little confused but when she saw me she smiled.

"Spot? What happened?"

I explained everything and she looked a little worried but didn't leave my arms. I didn't know if that meant she liked me or if she just needed the comfort but either way was fine with me. Maybe Jack will let me be with her one day but for right now I'd say he won't.

After I finished explaining she got up and went to the bathroom where I noticed she was examining the bandage around her neck. She started taking it off so I ran in there with her to help. I figured she wouldn't like me telling her to leave it on, plus the bleeding had slowed so I just helped her take it off.

"I need to head back, will Runner be close?" She had a look of fear in her eyes which made me feel sad. I'd never felt emotions but man did I feel them around her. She is my one vulnerability and I cannot let anyone figure that out.

"He should be but if he's not then I'll be watching too, I was last night after all." She smiled and closed the bathroom door in my face.

She came out a few minutes later in her clothes that were now dry. I helped her out of the widow and watched as she climbed down the fire escape. She disappeared over the beautiful Brooklyn bridge and I hoped she would be safe. I hoped she would come back tonight. I hoped she liked me. I hoped that this wouldn't change anything, especially me and the way I act. I cannot lose my throne because I become vulnerable.