Reasons and Plans

(Y/N)'s POV:

After making it clear to Spot that he was now my man and that he couldn't back away now, I decided it would be best to let him know about the war. We didn't think this bourough war thing would really happen after Spot went missing. I did as I said and got some of the other New York Newsies to help but after a few months they gave up and said they wouldn't help. The word of war got worse once I completly gave up. The paper was shut down just like during the strike but this time Pulitzer was on our side, only because his daughter was dating my brother.

Wagons were set up to sell papers to give the newsies a break as we prepared to fight face to face. All the newspapers in New York covered our war and warned people to not get involved unless they were in the authority. Lower Manhattan teamed up with Brooklyn and the lower part of Queens. Upper Manhattan teamed up with the Bronx and the upper half of Queens. The Staten Island Newsies didn't want to get involved and they were too far away from the war for the Bronx to even care.

The Bronx got mad after the strike of 1899, because Jack negotiated with Pulizter but the negotiation did not spread past lower Manhattan, Brooklyn and the lower part of Queens. After a year of the Bronx leader, Dots, fighting the Bronx circulation owner he finally gave up and tried to ruin the Pulizter negotiation. The other boroughs joined him and now it has concluded in this war.

This war was kind of like the Civil War but between the New York boroughs. The lower boroughs looked to me as their leader since I became the most feared newsie after Spot's disappearance. The upper boroughs looked to Dots for their leader. Me and Dots agreed to peacefully meet where we were going to fight as a last resort if we could not agree. I hated the dude from the start, he had freckles all over him, guess that's where the name came from. He had bright red hair and a resting meanface. I tried to negotiate with him about starting another strike but that only made matters worse and now we were planning a full on battle tomorrow night at midnight.

"So, what's Jackie Boy sayin'?" Spot had his fingers locked with mine as we walked across the Brooklyn bridge towards Manhattan.

"He's not too happy 'bout it but he don't control me no more."

"He's still ya brudda d'ough. He loves ya an' cares 'bout ya more den anythin'. You'se needs ta go talk ta 'im."

"Maybe later, we have more important things going on right now." My expression was stone cold and focused, I could tell it was really worrying Spot. "You'se don't need to worry about me." I put a hand on his shoulder and forced a smile.

"Come on, we have woik ta do." he let go of me and walked ahead with a gloomy expression.

It started to upset me but I couldn't do anything about it. I only had one thing in my priorities at the moment; end this war. If Spot couldn't understand that then I was making a mistake in calling him mine. 

Spot's POV:

As me and (y/n) were walking to Manhattan she started to seem....off. When she smiled I could tell it was fake and her touch just didn't feel right. I shrugged her off and walked ahead of her trying to comprehend what could possibly be going on. I understood that this war, which still technically hadn't begun, had taken a toll on her.

We got to the Manhattan lodging house right as the sun showed its last light. After making our way into the meeting room of Manhattan Newsies we sat down around a table, the leader of lower Queens was also present. Jack, (y/n), and Skip went over the plans for the war. I was supposed to be listening but honestly I don't remember much of the conversation. My mind was only occupied with one thing: knowing what was up with my girlfriend. 

I'm sorry for not adding in a while, my best friend has been on me about not adding too. I've been really busy since school got out with dance and stuff. I also have camp next week so I will add as much as I can. I'm losing ideas so if you have suggestions those would be great. I'm also about to start another fanfiction so I will be back and forth between this and that, along with two actual chapter books that I'm writing. Please be patient with me. Thank you so much for reading, it means a lot.