So Close to a Relationship

Jack's POV:

I paced back and forth through the bunk room of the Newsies lodging house. (y/n) has been gone all day, Race said she went for a walk but that was about two hours ago. She should definitely be back by now.

"Jack? What's wrong? You usually pace when somethings up." I spun around to see Kathrine standing in the doorway.

I ran to her and pulled her into a tight hug. "She's not her'a, she should be he'a, it's been two hou'as."

She pulled away from me, "who's she? What are you talking about?"

"M-my sist'a, Race said dat she went fo's a walk two hou'as ago. She should be back by now."

"You have a sister? Why didn't you ever tell me about this? What's her name?"

"I'se was thinkin' she was dead, but she's alive. H'a name's (y/n) but me an' da boys call'a Fox, it's h'a Newsie name."

"Jack, I-I'm so sorry. Do you want to go looking for her? I can help?"

"Nah, it's fine. I'se is pro'ly jus' overreactin'. Spot's got spies all in 'Hattan, if one a'dem sees 'er in trouble they'll ei'da come get me o'a dey'll go get 'im."

Just as I said that, I heard someone burst through the door and before I knew it (y/n) had her arms wrapped around me and we were crying into each others arms.

"Jack, I am so so sorry. I lost track of time and-"

"Hey, hey, it's okay. You'se is home an' I know you'se is safe." Kathrine and I locked eyes as she cleared her throat a little. "Oh, yeah, an' uh, dis is my goilfrien' Kathrine."

My sister turned around to face my girl, "Hey Kathrine, I'm (y/n), I've heard alot about you," that comment made my face turn red and Kathrine looked at me with a smirk. "Most of it was from the boys though. They really like you, I look forward to liking you too. But for now you are my brother's girlfriend, I still have to figure out if I like you or not." My sister smirked and walked out the room, calling for Race and Crutchie.

"Kathrine, I'se is sorry she acted dat way she-"

"Jack," she grabbed my hand, "it's completely fine. She's your sister, she has every right to be overprotective of you. Besides, she just met me, and she just got her brother, her only living family, back."

I smiled and pulled her into a hug, "thanks fo' undastandin'."

"I would be the same way if I was in her place." She hugged me tighter and kissed my cheek, making me blush a little.

(Y/N)'s POV:

I left Jack and his girlfriend alone but I'm pretty sure I made her aware that I wasn't too fond of her at the moment. I went down stairs where Crutchie and Race were waiting for me, they had become my best friends and we had planned to go do something together. Albert asked to come along, since him and Race were close, and I agreed because he seemed to keep Race in line, plus I wouldn't mind becoming a close friend of his either.

"Y'all ready?"

"Uh yeah, but where's we goin'?" Race lit his cigar while he asked his question.

"Well, I trust you three and I have something I need to tell you. So anywhere away from Jack I guess."

"So, we'se avoidin' ya brudda? Why?" Albert had a confused look on his face.

"Because, if I tell Jack he's gonna kill someone."

"Oooh, I'se knows what dis is about." Race smirked at me, causing me to give him a death glare. "Hey, hey, chill, I'se ain't told nobody."

"Um, I don't know what you're talking about but I would love to come." I loved how Crutchie had an accent but knew how to talk. It was hard for me to blend in with the boys but it was easier when I wasn't the only one who could correctly talk.

I'se da King 'round hereOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara