Ten: Some Space

I can't help but leave out a sigh of relief as I walk through the door to my new house. It's only a bungalow but I live alone so I don't need any more space. The front door leads straight into the living room. I bought the house including furniture because I'm just too lazy to be moving furniture across country or buying new furniture for that matter. I'll decorate the place slowly in my own way eventually. I drop my keys on the table to the right of the front door. There's a door right beside it so I open it to find my bedroom. It's simple with green walls, a double bed against the wall opposite and two bedside tables. There's built in wardrobes with a vanity to the left of me.

I put the only suitcase I brought inside with me just inside the door and turn back to the living room. It's cozy enough. The whole house seems to be green with dark wooden floors. There's a fairly old looking TV to my left. I'll have to pick up a new one in town. There's a bookshelf beside the door on the far wall and a fireplace on the left wall. The two 3-seated couches make a square with the TV and fireplace. I walk through the living room slowly, just taking in my new home. I like it here. It smells like nature and just feels warm. I'm just outside the town and on the main road leading back to it but still surrounded by a forest. A nagging voice in the back of my head reminds me that werewolves roam freely in the forest but I shake it off. I'm too confused to think about the fantasy world right now.

So I push open the door to the kitchen. It's more modern than I was expecting. The walls are green again with the same wooden floors. The whole kitchen is made out of wood painted white but the countertops are a light brown colour. The fridge has two doors and the oven looks fairly new. There are two more doors to my right. The first one leads to a simple bathroom with a toilet, sink and shower. The whole bathroom is white with marble tiles from ceiling to floor. It'll be easy to clean I suppose. The second door leads to a utility room. The washing machine and dryer are both white with a few counters like the ones in the kitchen. There is also shelving and an ironing board attached to the wall and a glass door leading to the back of the house.

Walking through the door I notice the back garden is much the same as the front. Just grass surrounding the whole house but bordered by a wooden fence. The forest surrounds me on all sides which makes me feel safe but unnerved. A shiver runs down my spine as I imagine a wolf jumping over my fence from the forest. I turn back around to face my house again. It's painted white but the walls are covered in climbing hydrangeas. I'll have to Google how to take care of them.

I walk back around my house to the front. There is a garage attached to the house that's big enough to fit one car and maybe store a few things. I left the garage door open so I could finish unloading my car. It'd be handy if a door led from the garage to the house. I might look into putting one in. I open my boot and pick up the first box which, thankfully, is full of bedding. Start off easy. When I turn around I freeze. Alexander is standing just outside my gate. I walk slowly towards him unsure of why he was here or how I felt about it.

"Hi." I smile when I'm about two meters away from him. He gives me a sad smile.

"I thought you might want help unpacking." He gestures towards the box in my hands. I look down at it unsure. Help would be nice but do I need it? I want help and I definitely want help from Alexander but the point of leaving was so I could think alone. It's barely been an hour since I left him. Anger at him not listening to me flares but when I look back at his sad face it deflates fairly quickly. My body has been yearning for him. I feel like I'm running on autopilot. I shouldn't let him in but I can't help it.

"Yeah, help would be nice. Thanks." I smile. He noticeably perks up at this and pushes open my gate but frowns.

"This fence only comes up to my waist. It's not exactly going to be a lot of protection." His eyebrows knot together and I can see his whole body tense. Thoughts of running my hands along him to relax him come flooding back but I shake them off.