7. Fireworks

Sophia's POV:

After almost killing Justin, having to deal with Ali, and finishing our second moto, I could finally get ready and head over to the bonfire.

As we walked over the more nervous I got. I was partly nervous that the boys would embarrass me and partly nervous that they would do something stupid. The last party I took them too did not end up so well.

"Hey" Aiden says waving and the one kid next to him waved slightly.

"Hey" I echoed back.

"This is Kaiden," he says, gesturing to the kid that waved at me and then to the two guys behind him, "and Tyler and Mark." Neither of them looked like they were happy that I was here, with their arms crossed. I just nodded. 

We spent multiple hours just sitting around getting to know each other. We all had a lot in common and got along great. Tyler and Mark looked less like they wanted to kill Aiden for inviting me and were being friendlier to me. The boys also relaxed a little and were in a very deep conversation about whether or not the new Tech 10's were worth buying. I just sat back observing their pointless conversation, sipping my rootbeer.

It had definitely gotten colder than we thought it would as the sun went down and even though the fire was blazing, I was chilly. I started to shiver a little and was rubbing my arms. Aiden shifted next to me and held his hand out to me offering something.

"Here. You look cold." I realize it's a hoodie. I smile slightly.

"No, it's fine. I'll just steal one of the boy's hoodies or go grab one from my camper."

"No, it's okay, just take it. It would be pointless for you to walk back to your camper and they all have their hoodies on."

"Ok fine. Thanks." I grab the hoodie and put it on. It's a 100% black hoodie. And out of the corner of my eye I can see that Wyatt was looking at me with a questioning look.I shrugged and rolled my eyes at him.

Breaking up the boy's conversation, I said, "Hey, you guys got any fireworks?"

--------------------------

That was the start of what would be my worst and best summer. And our great friendship.

Over the course of that next month, Aiden, his friends, the boys, and me,hung out every race and rode at least four times a week at one of our houses or a track. We all became super close, even all our parents. It was the best start to summer and I had a feeling it would only get better.