10. Sparklers

Aiden's POV:

All day Soph was pissed at me and I could tell she was not in the mood to deal with me. I kept my distance and got Justin to try and calm her down. But Brody, Wyatt, Kylee, and Justin told me to let her be. During practice she was doing pretty well, while I kept making small mistakes because I was not focusing. I had a million things running through my head. Our families all had decided to barbecue tonight before the fireworks went off, which us kids decided to watch from on top of one of the jumps on the track. So we had to face each other tonight, although she would probably ignore me.

During dinner she would look at me and then when I would look back she would look away. She talked to me so our parents would think anything of it but she was not really paying attention.

Around nine we headed out to go watch the fireworks which were planned to start soon. We all spread out on top of the big table top. All of our friends spread out together, Kylee seemed to be getting along with Mark, Tyler, and Kaiden fine. I layed down on the big beach blanket they brought and had laid down on the dirt. My arms were crossed behind my head and my eyes closed when I heard the fireworks start to go off. I watched them go off for a while, there were a lot of them, and it was cooler than last year.

All of a sudden over the speakers from the tower someone said that if any one wanted sparklers that they could come and get them at the concession stand. Wyatt, Justin, Mark, Tyler, and Kaiden immediately got up and started running towards the stand like little kids. I laughed at them. I was not in the mood to deal with a bunch of teenagers that act like their 5.

"Idiots."I said under my breath, and I saw Brody and Kylee reluctantly follow them. Probably to make sure they did not do anything stupid. 

I hadn't realized Soph did not go with them when I got up to go and take a piss in the woods next to the jump. When I turned around she was sitting, looking off into the distance, not even watching the fireworks go off. I sighed and walked in front of her and held my hands out to her. She looked up at me with a questioning look. I raised my eyebrows and she grabbed my hands as I pulled her up.

"I'm sorry. And I mean it." I said as I pulled her into a hug. Expecting her to pull away and yell at me. I was surprised when she didn't and so I asked, "Are we good?"

"Yeah we're good" She says, hugging me back. After a minute I step back slightly and look into her eyes and I see her eyes soften.

"Good. Cause I hated not being around you all day. Plus my riding was terrible cause I wasn't focused." She gasped and laughed a little.

"So that's why you said sorry, so that your riding would be on point tomorrow so you could beat me." She says.

"Maybe," I smirked and looked at her lips just as she licked them. And that's when I realize how close we still are,oblivious to the fireworks around us.

-----------------------------------

Alright comment your predictions. Or just comment anything. I need some feedback please. Also we are just at the beginning part of the book and when I am done I will be going back and fixing and making it a better story. with more detail.