𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 1

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐬!" ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

The sounds of engines and steam trains howelled. Her eyes met with signs, trying to find the correct number. 

"TOOT!" 

 She winced in pain, refraining from covering her ears. This is considered luxury?

Her hands gripped her suitcase, fixing the handbag on her shoulder. Eyes searching the crowds, Jessica looked left and right, scouring for her cousin. The strong smell of coal made her cough. Puffs of smoke encased her lungs. Overwhelmed. 

A hand touched her shoulder gently, turning her behind. What the?! She gasped, turning to see the sly smile of her cousin.

His hair was coiffed back, his eyes brown. He smiled at his cousin and chuckled at her expression.

"You should see your face right now."

Ugh! She scoffed, smacking him on the shoulder, "Andrew! Don't." She flicked him in the head. "Do that! That's not funny!"

" Sheesh sorry." He grumbled, rubbing his forehead. "Welcome to the UK, cousin!" 

Another piercing whistle echoed, "Yeah, it's great." She yelled over, covering her ears.

This pampered cousin made him smile, "Get used to it, that's the sound of pure joy." Her face seemed displeased, rolling her eyes while her cousin slung an arm around her. 

Her eyebrows raised, "Andrew, your definition of pure joy is very different from mine."

Andrew tsked, shaking his head. "You'll get used to it Cus."

As he let go of her, Andrew took her luggage.  "You'll miss it sooner-"

His eyes widened.

"Why is this the first time you've packed light?" He scrunched his eyebrows, tossing her bag back and forth.

"Don't throw it- Mom taught me ann extension charm. I'll teach you it later." She smiled, watching him lift it up in amazement.

"You better, my bag is a pound of rocks."

"Probably because you put rocks in it." 

Andrew scoffed, "I didn't!- I put- maybe I did," He wondered, chucking and placing her bag in his trolley. 

They walked side by side to their destination. What an odd place. Hair bouncing up and down, the platform numbers increased one by one. Five, six, seven. Andrew looked at her concentrated manner, eyes trailing to the scar on her neck.

"Your scar faded a lot."

Taking her out of her reverie, she chuckled, "What happened to yours?"

He lifted his wrist, two little holes on the sides. "It's still very evident."