𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 8

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ "𝐎𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞, 𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐚

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ "𝐎𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞, 𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐚. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠." ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

His room was a mess.

Clothes on the floor and peeling posters, he didn't expect the news to be so sudden.

Throwing clothes in drawers and slamming them shut, Sirius frantically cleaned. She could be here any minute.

"Wow, didn't know you could clean for once."

Looking up, his little brother stood, holding a wand and book in his hand.

Sirius rolled his eyes, "Why don't you go stick your nose in a book like you normally do?" He waved off, shooing him away.

 The words attacked him, hiding his shock. Regulus rolled his eyes, "Because Jessica's visiting"

"SLAM!"

He shoved his messy socks and dishevelled scrap away. Trash was thrown in the garbage and his bloated closet. Huffing as he cleaned, Regulus watched, feeling at distance from his brother.

"Sirius."

Snapping out of his sudden clean, he looked at his brother. "Yes, Regulus?"

Stepping into his room, guilt stood smeared on Reggie's face. "Can we pretend as if nothing happened? That Father-"

"Look Reggie, I'll pretend when Jessica comes but I know you'll just listen to Mother and Father anyway. I'll play the game when she's here." He paused, sharpening his gaze, "You and I are not the same- not anymore."

His words were sharp, cutting Regulus. The words thrown at him were hostile. I just want my brother. He thought.

Regulus was on the sidelines of Sirius's life. The thirteen-year-old boy wanted to spend time with his brother, only to come home to a screaming house. Sitting in his room, the little boy begged for quiet, cooped up and reading. Knowing his family, quiet meant something worse than fighting.

His eyes watered. Sirius didn't regret speaking- like always. 

"We were never the same." The boy stepped out of Sirius's room. "But we were brothers. Before Hogwarts-"

Sirius rolled his eyes, "-Before Hogwarts, you were smart. But now, all you do is listen to Mother and Father. I don't know who you are."

Taking in his words, a tear ran down Regulus's cheek. His head lowered.

 "By the way, you may want to hide the magazine you have of Jessica." His voice cracked, "You don't want her to think you're a creep."

His throat felt choked, hiding his urge to cry. Everyone in the family was present. Showing emotion was nothing good in this house. Nothing was good in this house. Curly hair and stormy grey eyes, he tried holding back tears. His throat felt dry. One tear got loose, Regulus couldn't risk more falling.