𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 11

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛"𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮?"♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Sitting in the dark hall, they ate in silence.

The clinks of china and the muted cutting of food left a painful echo in the dining hall. Dark shadows and pigments on the wall left a melancholy feeling.

Hand grazing hers, she looked down to see her hand intertwined with Sirius's.

She looked up at him, her caramel eyes surprised at his gesture.

Sirius turned, a light smile and blush on his face. Looking back at the table, both of their parents intently stared at each other, a gaze filled with business and negotiation.

Walburga broke the silence, "Well, I believe they are old enough to hear our discussions, aren't they?"

Sirius and Jessica looked at each other. Nerves shot up in their veins. Jessica looked at her father, wanting answers.

"Agree to disagree," Justin muttered, earning a cough from his wife.

Athena placed her utensils down, sending a caring look to both her husband and daughter.

"It's appropriate for them to know, Walburga, given we were younger than them."

On the balls of his feet, Justin looked betrayed, glancing at his wife. "Athena-"

"It would be best if they thought about the idea before it's too late, Darling." She glared, turning to Walburga with a smile.

Jessica looked at Sirius and back to the table. What is going on? She thought.

Sirius knew exactly what was happening. Holding her hand tighter, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, bracing for their words. Shame and annoyance seemed to crawl up on his skin. 

Great, him. He thought. 

All his mother could think about was him. It being brought up- the idea that she praised so much- brought him shame. The only thing that defined his family was the praise they had for him.

They were going to introduce the idea of the Dark Lord- no, introduce the Death Lord to her.

Disappointment grew in his mind. She was at the perfect time. She was powerful, pretty and rich. She was going to be recruited, recruited to his terrorizing wizard posse.

"Mom, what is happening?"

Jessica looked concerned. Her mother placed her hands on Jessica's. "Honey," She paused. "Remember the man I told you about? Our family's greatest hero?"

Her father's jaw was clenched, looking down at his plate with anger.

Her mother's words were strained, saying the word "hero" was a struggle. Athena tried not to show her emotions, looking at her daughter with deep understanding.