stand up

A few days later

Sunshine peeked through the curtains, falling gently on Shiva's face.

"Ye light kyu aa rahi hai, sona hai mujhe aur" Shiva mumbled, adjusting his eyes to the light.

"Ae mami ki behen ki beti, parde daal na." he sleepily said.

"Ek baar bola toh-" he woke up irritated, but stopped after he saw her sleeping soundly next to him.

No pillow wall, no boundary. She slept peacefully, as if Shiva sleeping beside her didn't bother her at all.

She slept like a baby, and Shiva couldn't help but notice the little mole she had on her cheek.

"Pehle toh kabhi dikha nahi mujhe ye."

"Sote hue kitni chup hai. Aise hi rehne de isko Warna pura din iski bak bak sunte rahu" he thought, while looking at her.

The sunlight was bothering her too, she squinted her eyes, moved here and there.

Shiva got up, closed the curtains for her, and went to freshen up.

~~~~~

In the evening

"Mujhe iss haveli me itni ghutan kyu ho rahi hai? Itni akeli pad gayi hu kya? Thoda ghum ke aa gayi toh? " Raavi thought, as she made her way to the courtyard.

As she walked, she felt like something was going to happen. Even then, she brushed off that feeling.

But...

~~~

"Dev, jabse humari shaadi hui hai, tum mere waale Dev nahi ho. Mujhse pyaar nahi karte kya?" Rishita frowned.

"Dimaag kharab hai tumhara? Tum se zyaada kisi se pyaar nahi karta mai :)" Dev cupped her face and smiled.

"Toh kiss karo mujhe." Rishita said, naughtily.

"Hum aangan me hai. Koi dekh lega toh?" Dev asked, surprised.

"Offo. Humari shaadi hui hai, koi kuch nahi bolega" She said, putting her arms around Dev's neck.

"Chalo ye bhi sahi hai." Dev pulled Rishita closer by her waist.

He was about to kiss her, but stopped, nervously looking behind. "I'm sorry." he said to someone behind them.

"Kya hua? Tum-" Rishita looked back, and her blood boiled.

Raavi was looking at them, with a blank expression. She had no intention of disturbing them, and frankly, it didn't hurt her much that they were romancing in the courtyard.

She looked away and begin to walk away, but Rishita decided she had  enough.

"Raavi, tum apni ye sad shakal leke sabke saamne kyu aati ho?" She furiously said. Dev tried to stop her, but couldn't. He gave up and stood with his bowed down.

"Kya matlab?" Raavi asked. She honestly didn't care, but she was supposed to marry the guy Rishita is married to, thoda awkward toh lagega na.

"Ye tum pure time sabko dikhati rehti ho ki apne shaadi me tum khush nahi ho, Jaan buchkar mere aur dev ke saamne aati ho, usse guilt me daalne ke liye. Usne pyaar karke kuch galat nahi kiya. And mind you, tumhe usse pyaar karne ka koi haq nahi hai, tum rishte me uski devrani lagti ho, toh apne hadd me raho, aur please," Rishita angrily said, and folded her hands," ye apni utri hui shakal leke humare saamne toh mat aao."

Raavi froze on the spot. She lost any respect and love she had for Dev the day her left her at the mandap. She had no feelings whatsoever for him, but Rishita's words...