happy endings

8 months later.

"Shiva! Shiva!" Raavi whispered, trying to make him get up.

He stirred in his sleep, until he realised Raavi was calling out to him, and his eyes shot open.

These few months, he did everything he could to help out his very pregnant wife. He was ready at every beck and call. Initial months were crucial for the baby, but later months were crucial for the mother.

Even through her mood swings, he handled it all. Sometimes she was hungry, sometimes angry, most of the times she would be crying because it was so uncomfortable.

He couldn't even imagine what it was like, to have so many hormonal mood swings, not being able to eat whatever you want to, having to take utmost care so as to not fall sick, and so many other things.

Her feet would feel swollen, back would ache, head felt heavy, she would be sweating due to the heat.

No doubt she was happy about the little life growing inside of her, but it came with so many effects.

If he could take away even 25% of her pain, he would happily do it. He'd take it all away, if he could. But he couldn't. So, he supported and helped her as much as he could.

He'd sit through all her mood swings, without complaining, even when she yelled at him for the smallest of things. Of course, the yelling was worth it because 5 minutes later she'd come and apologise to him by giving him a kiss.

Whenever she woke up at night uncomfortable, he'd massage her feet, or keep a hot water bag on her lower back, and give her small hugs until she fell back asleep in his arms.

Sometimes, she craved for things she simply wasn't allowed to eat during pregnancy. So he'd figure out an alternative and make it for her, even at 3 A.M

Raavi felt so proud about having a husband like him. She had seen men not supporting their wives at all during their pregnancy, and here this man was, doing everything in his power to ease this process for her.

And all the little moments of their baby growing, was a different sense of happiness.

The first sonography. Both of them couldn't see the baby at first, Shiva found it. But Raavi started crying, saying she couldn't see her baby. He wiped her tears, and gently showed her the small bean on the screen, and it was as if her tears evaporated

The first heartbeat, Shiva cried more than Raavi. He hugged her and didn't stop crying for 20 minutes.

The first movement. Shiva had his hand on her stomach, as he was reciting all the names he had kept for the mom-to-be. The baby suddenly moved when he said mami-ki-behen-ki-beti, and Raavi laughed, saying that the baby didn't want him calling her that anymore.

The first kick. Raavi had been listening to some music, when she felt the first kick. It was so special, but Shiva wasn't around to feel it. Only that day, he had some important work at his job.

One day it so happened, that while Raavi wore one of her old tops, which obviously rose above her round stomach, she could actually see the baby's foot print on her skin. Just for a split second. Maybe she was imagining, but Shiva sulked the entire day about it.

"Raavi, kya hua? Tu theek hai? Kahi dard nahi ho raha na?" He sat up, concerned by the way she was calling him at this hour.

"I love you." She giggled, struggling to sit.

"Yeh mai jaanta hu." He smiled.

"Nahi sacchi mein. Maine itna pareshan kiya hai in 9 mahino mein, tujhe bina matlab ka daata, kabhi kabhi raat ko galti se laat bhi maari. Raat ke 3 baje tujhse khaana banwaya kyuki tez bhook lag rahi thi. Aur tune bina complain kiye meri har baat maani." She almost immediately had tears in her eyes.