care

Trigger warning: Sensitive topic; blood, periods.

Criticism appreciated.

Scene inspiration - Dwivedii

Shiva squinted his eyes, it was still dark, but his sleep was broken due to bodily functions.

Raavi had been sleeping with one hand and one leg over him, and he thought it was funny that he was like her personal teddy bear.

He disentangled himself from her, and went to the bathroom, half asleep. Turning on the lights, he noticed some colour on his pants, but ignored it, as he didn't want to break his sleep.

When his eyes were open completely open, he noticed blood on his pants. He looked around his hands, legs, torso for any injury that could have caused the stain, but he couldn't find any.

He was confused was 2 minutes, until it struck him. He took out some of her clothes, her napkins, and kept them in the bathroom. Turning on a small light, he went to wake up Raavi.

"Raavi, uth jaa." He gently nudged.
"Kya hai, Shiva. Sone de na." Raavi mumbled, hugging his hand.

He tried again. "Uth jaa, aur jaake change karle."
"Kyu?" She sat up, until she noticed the stains on Shiva's pants.

Her eyes widened, as she looked down on the bed, to find blood stains all over the bedsheet and her dress.

"I'm so sorry Shiva." She hid her face in her hands.
"Kuch nahi, jaa tu change kar. Nahale, best, tujhe bhi accha lagega. Garam paani rakh ke aaya hu tere liye." He nodded at her.

Shiva had read about periods in books, and how they could help out their wives, moms, sisters and friends in these 5-7 days.

While Raavi took a shower, Shiva changed his clothes, bedsheet, and the blanket, as it got stained as well. He rinsed everything under cold water and soap, and put it out to dry.

He searched for a hot water bag, and kept it for heating, just in case Raavi had severe cramps.

Raavi came out of the shower, just as Shiva was making sure the pain killers were in the right spot. "De, tere kapde sukha deta hoon." He went to take her clothes, but she jerked it out of his hands and dried them herself.

Normally, she isn't this quiet or reserved. But, something bothered her and Shiva knew exactly what.

"Raavi, kuch nahi hua hai. It's fine, normal toh hai." He turned her by her shoulders to face him.

"I'm sorry, woh aise hamesha nahi hota hai, aaj pata nahi kaise..." Raavi trailed off, slightly embarrassed. "Aur aise pure bed pe, tere kapdo par, I'm so sorry."

Raavi didn't think that periods were a stigma. It was nothing to be ashamed about. If women didn't go through this every month, no one would be born.

But, she accidentally stained the bed, and even Shiva's clothes. That had never happened before, not even before marriage. Maybe that's why she was a little flustered, it was the first time this had happened.

"Dekh. Tu embarrass kyu ho rahi hai? Pati hu na mai tera? Aadat toh mujhe hona hi chahiye iska. And it's okay, aisa ho jaata hai." He explained.

"Mere liye toh ye sab normal hai. Ghar pe toh periods aate the, aur mujhe kapdo mein se blood stains nikaalne ko itna irritate hota tha, woh bhi har mahine." Raavi rolled her eyes. Truly, as much as it was important, it was equally annoying.

"Par tere liye aise, suddenly raat ko uthke dekhna, tujhe accha nahi laga hoga."

"Accha nahi laga hoga matlab? Tujhe periods aate hai, raat ko ho gaya, aur thoda sa stain hua, bas. Ab agar mujhe chot aati, aur raat ke beech me ghaav khul gaya, toh bata ye dono situation me difference kya hai?" He looked at her, not being able to understand why she felt so embarrassed.