what's the deal

Droplets of water sprinkled on his face, disturbing his sleep. How is it raining inside the room?

He squinted his eyes open, while still lying down, to see Raavi drying her hair.

She looked beautiful, absolutely raw, and he was glad he saw her, first thing in the morning.

But he was peacefully sleeping 30 seconds ago, and was cranky that he woke up like this.

Although he didn't regret it.

She stood by the dresser, which was by the bed, looking at herself in the mirror. He pulled her by her wrist, causing her to fall on his chest.

Their faces were inches apart. If they even moved slightly....

Raavi could feel Shiva's heartbeat under her palm, which was on his chest. Her heartbeat matched pace. Their eyes met each other, and shifted to look at each other's lips.

Gaze shifting continuously, they both closed their eyes, throats dry, knowing what came next.

The rice cooker let out a whistle.

Raavi and Shiva's eyes shot open, and they moved away, flushed from what had just happened.

"Mai aati hoon...." Raavi got up to leave, but Shiva blocked her way.

"Mujhe tujhse kuch baat karni hai." Shiva didn't think twice before saying this.

He knew he had to tell her.

"Abhi jo hua uske liye I'm-" Raavi began, but he interrupted her.

"Nahi, woh baat nahi." He ran his hands through his hair nervously.

Raavi stood there, waiting for what he had to say, when the cooker gave out a second whistle.

"Raavi, zara dekh lena please" Dhara called out.

"Tujhe jo bhi bolna hai, aake kar liyo, bas thodi der" Raavi requested, as she ran to turn off the cooker on its 3rd whistle.

"Kaise bolu isko?" Shiva shook his head.

~~~

Raavi was just cleaning up the counter, when she thought about that morning's incident.

The butterflies in her stomach, that blood rush in her mind, her beating heart. She couldn't ignore any of it.

She had to tell him how she felt.

He wanted to talk about something earlier. What was it?

As if on queue, Shiva entered the kitchen, to take the food towards the dining table.

"Shiva? Mujhe bhi tujhse kuch baat karni hai. Humare baare me." Raavi hesitantly said.

"Ha bol na." Shiva said casually, but not looking at her.

"Kaise bolu tujhe?" Raavi murmured, a little too loudly.

"Kyu? Aisi kya baat hai?" Shiva's head shot up at this.

Was she hiding something?

Just then her phone rang, she took one glance at it, and cut it immediately.

She made the mistake of not looking at Shiva.

Shiva read the situation, and it confirmed his suspicion.

She did feel something, but not for him.

He didn't let her finish what she was saying, and walked away.

"Arre par-" Raavi called out to him, but he didn't look back.

Aisa kya kar diya maine?

~~~

Shiva wondered what he should do. Should he confess his feelings?

Gosh, he's sounding like a teenager. He's a married man with a wife, for God's sake.

Never would anyone have seen a husband fidgeting about telling his wife that he loves her.

What a strange situation.

But then again, it's not like their marriage was normal.

Would his confession come in the way of Raavi and the person she loves?

It pricked him. Yes, they hated each other before marriage. But, they had resolved their differences and come closer. And, the fact that she liked someone else, didn't sit right with him.

Did she really not feel the same way? Maybe he misread the phone situation. But no one does that unless they are hiding something, right?

Million questions ran through his mind, contemplating whether he should or shouldn't open up.

If he didn't, he'd regret not ever telling her how much she means to him. How much he loves her smile, her antics.

How much he loves her.

But if he did, and she didn't feel the same for him, he would be setting himself up for heart break.

Once again.

He couldn't keep it to himself or wait any longer, or something inside him might burst.

Tomorrow is the day, no matter what the outcome.

- - - - -

Excited?? Vote to find out 😉