family

2 years later.

The park was filled with laughter of different kids. Running around in happiness, playing catch, throwing footballs. And one of them was Ria. Ria Pandya.

Who is Ria Pandya?

Dev and Rishita were eager to start a family. They discussed names, clothes, schools and so many things. But things don't always work out in favour.

They tried to have kids, but due to fertility issues, they couldn't conceive. After much thought, they decided to adopt a child.

Ria. 5 year old, beautiful, bubbly baby girl. Not many people gave their kids up for adoption in the area, so she was the oldest in the adoption centre and had been there for all her life.

As soon as Dev and Rishita entered the centre, she ran to them and hugged them. They both fell in love instantly, and decided that this would be their baby girl.

And that's how Ria came into their life, a year ago.

She was the cutest, happiest baby girl. The volunteers at the center used to say that she'd be sad and glum all the time, but she was the complete opposite after being welcomed into the family.

Dev and Rishita gave her everything she deserved, and were proper parents to her. They never made her feel like she wasn't theirs. That's how much they loved the light of their life.

Not too strict, but not too lenient either. Everyone showered so much love on her.

But the most? Shiva and Raavi. More than Raavi, Shiva.

Shiva loved small kids. That was something nobody knew. He adored kids. He was like a coconut. Firm on the outside, but soft inside.

Ria came running towards Shiva and Raavi, laughing. They both decided to give Dev and Rishita a day off, and babysit Ria. And frankly, they enjoyed spending time with their niece.

Raavi handed Ria the water bottle, and she innocently asked "Iske baad hum ice cream khaane jaaye?"

She knew that her chachu and chachi would give anything she asked for, so Shiva said "Agar tum promise karti ho ki dinner acche se khaaogi, toh hum sab ice cream khaane jaayenge iske baad."

"Promise!" Ria squealed and hugged him, and ran off to play some more.

"Kitni pyaari hai na ye, Raavi?" Shiva asked, not taking her eyes off Ria.

"Hmm." Raavi replied, deep in thought.

He turned towards her, "Kya soch rahi hai?"

"Hum ready hai kya Shiva?" Raavi asked. "I know humne ye discussion pehle nahi ki hai, par shaayad ab karna chahiye."

"Matlab, hum dono ki job lag gayi hai, shaadi ko 3 saal hone aa gaye hai. Humne khudko, family ko kitna time de diya. Tujhe apna koi baccha nahi chahiye?"

Shiva sat in silence for a long time, before replying, "Nahi."

Raavi sat closer to him and turned his face towards her. Of course, she didn't expect him to be ready instantly. Her eyes wanted an explanation, maybe they could sort this out together.

"Mujhe baccha nahi, bacchi chahiye, jaan chidak du uspe." He said, smiling at her.

Raavi broke out into a smile. "Par mujhe toh ladka chahiye. Tu uspe jaan nahi chidakega? Chotu sa, jo tujhe har waqt pareshaan kare." She teased him.

"Humara baccha ya bacchi ho, pyaar toh bohot karunga usse. Lekin hawe se toh nahi aayega na baccha." Shiva winked.

Raavi shook her head, and wrapped her arms around Shiva's arm, resting her head on his shoulder. Shiva placed a kiss on top of her head, before entwining their hands.