Chapter 12

“ Soooo,” Natasha started turning to face me completely a huge smirk on her face, “ Wanna tell me about them?” She asked flinging my hair fully off exposing my neck, I blushed a bit and immediately looked away pretending I didn’t ear her, “ Oh come on Y/N.”

“ I don’t know what to say,” I in defence seeing her getting slightly agitated.

“ Ok well are you two together?” She asked now walking backwards just to face me fully, I don’t know where we were going and apparently she didn’t either.

“ Yes?” I answered plainly, “ I think, I don’t know anything about relationships, but from what my friend told me about them it sounds like it.” She nodded with a smile turning on her heels to walk normally again.

“ Still pretty clueless?” She laughed giving me a light pat on the shoulder.

“ I’m not clueless!” I replied folding my arms, “ There’s just some stuff I don’t know,” I mumbled frowning a little. Turning around I noticed we’d walked much further than I expected Steve and Bucky just specks in the distance, then I turned my attention back to Nat seeing she was still staring at me more specifically my arms and once she noticed I was looking she adverted her gaze. Again the heat was getting to me and without saying anything I wondered of to the side to the edge of the forest and sat down under the shade of the tree, she took a few steps before realizing I wasn’t beside her turning to face me with a slight frown.

“ Not used to the heat?” Nat asked sitting down beside me.

“ Not at all,” I laughed wiping some sweat from my forehead before turning to her, again what ever was bothering her was becoming more obvious her eyes literally looked empty. Deciding against me better judgement I asked, “ How have you been? Cuz not being rude but you and Steve look like you’ve gone through some shit.” She turned to me still frowning taking in a deep breath.

“ Yeah pretty much, it’s been rough.” Natasha said looking down at the floor distraught, I wanted to help her in anyway that would lighten her mood but I didn’t know how. Cheering Eveline up wasn’t difficult at all compared to us she’d had a pretty uneventful life and didn’t have to much bagged to carry, a good hug would normally do the trick and if not it was hours of her venting to me then watching “ The Other Woman,” because for some reason that always made her laugh even though she knew all the jokes. I could already tell Nat wasn’t a chatty person so venting was off the list and I’m guessing a hug wouldn’t do much either, she looked up at me confused and I quickly looked away since I’d been staring for way to long, “ Everything ok?”

“ Mhm,” I replied turning back to her,
“ You wanna... talk about it?” I asked shrugging my shoulders thinking this wasn’t going to go anywhere but surprisingly she smiled and I released my tense shoulder.

“ Yeah actually I would,” She said with a large smile shuffling closer to me. I don’t know how long we’d been sat there but it felt like Nat was chatting for ages, it didn’t bother me in the slightest though and I took in everything she said. What had happened between the Avengers and that they weren’t a team anymore, what happened between Bucky, Steve and Tony which broke my heart a little. I didn’t say anything back and just let her vent nodding occasionally to show I was still listening, I wasn’t good at giving advice so didn’t and she didn’t seem to mind. She had turned to face me completely waving her arms about each time she got a little angry letting all of her pent up emotions this was a side I’d never seen of her before, from what I can remember although she was kind she was also reserved willing to give help but never receive it. When Nat finished she leant back against the tree seemingly exhausted from everything she just said.

“ Better?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“ Yeah much better.”

“ Good.”