Chapter 4

Bucky just stood there smiling at me for a bit which normally I would find uncomfortable, but it wasn’t if anything it was slightly comforting having someone look at me with compassion. But we couldn’t stay like that for ever obviously, he turned away handing me the remote before walking over to the kitchen.

“ What do you wanna eat?” He shouted from across the room.

“ I don’t know, what is there?” I said back.

“ Um, cereal, toast could make you something if you want?”

“ Toast please.” I replied turning to look over the back if the sofa seeing him nod at me, I turned back around switching the TV on the loud noise making me jump, it always does. Flipping through the channels something called the Simpsons popped up, I recognized the name think maybe I watched it when I was younger clicking on it some funny looking yellow people filled the screen. They looked really weird, a small laugh escaping my lips. I heard Bucky pause what he was doing in the kitchen feeling him starting at me to be honest I was surprised as he was, I hadn’t heard my own laugh in forever. It sounded weird.

“ Y/N was that what I thought it was?” Bucky asked making me turn around to look at him slightly scared at the sound that just left my mouth, he was smiling though and it was a big smile too. I just turned back the TV still shocked getting drawn back into the show trying to forget what just happened still not entirely sure what did happen. He walked over placing a plate with two pieces of toast on it placing butter and jam beside it, “ I don’t know what you like and that’s all we have.” He said sitting down beside me with a cup of that disgusting coffee my nose twitching as the strong smell floated my way, it was really strong. He chuckled at but at my reaction moving the cup further away which didn’t really do much but it’s the thought that counts I guess. The jam was pretty good there wasn’t a brand the glass so it must’ve been homemade.

“ Thank you,” I muttered my mouth full of food keeping my eyes up watching a weird looking yellow people the one called “ Homer” was the funniest so far, I was so drawn in I didn’t realise I’d been smiling the entire time until Bucky's gaze got uncomfortable he had to have been staring at me with a smile for a good five minutes for no reason that I could think of. Turning to him he didn’t move an inch and just kept smiling at me.

“ Your smile is beautiful Y/N,” He said making the heat rise to my cheeks quickly as my face went bright red, I looked away quickly but couldn’t help smiling at his words. No one had ever said anything like that to me before it felt, good. I felt appreciated and it was nice but that moment was broken by Steve entering the room my body stiffening up automatically just sensing him around me, Bucky noticed placing his hand on my leg squeezing it slightly giving me a reassuring smile it didn’t help much though. I pulled my still heavy legs close to my chest hugging them as tight as a could which at the moment wasn’t very.

“ Morning,” Steve called out from across the room as the sound of the kettle boiling got louder.

“ Morning,” Bucky shouted back looking over the back of the sofa at him, I didn’t say anything back and I didn’t move either. I heard Steve let out a small sigh from across the room and could feel his eyes on the back of my head, it was so awkward. I wanted to move but I knew if I stood up my legs wouldn’t be able to hold me and I’d just fall back down, the sedative wasn’t completely out my system yet. Steve definitely hated me now though there was no coming back from what happened, I’ll probably end up being sent back to the white room by that Tony guy and to be honest I wouldn’t blame him either. I felt gross, the clothes from yesterday were still on me and my hair was a mess I wanted so badly to get up but I’d only embarrass myself, the tension in the room lifted slightly as the kettle became quieter and the sound of the TV in the room faded back quickly grabbing my attention. Feeling the sofa dip beside me I knew it was Steve but tried my best to ignore him being there even though it was very distracting.