Chapter 9

Bucky’s pov:

And there she was. Laying unconscious and strapped down to a small bed in the back of one of Wakanda's ships, it was surreal like I was in a dream. But she was very real. I just stood there staring down at her face noticing she had a scar on her cheek bone that wasn’t there before, I wonder what she’d been through. Just like before we’d found her before, she just appeared with no background of where she’d been not even T’challa knew. Who was that girl she was with? Where’d she go? But that wasn’t the most worrying bit, her powers were stronger now much stronger. Almost 50 men had been killed but not just killed they were crushed, like their bodies were full of liquid, her eyes didn’t glow the soft orange anymore but a very angry red. What had happened to her? Right now it didn’t matter she was here and safe and that’s all I needed.

“ Bucky, you know there not going to go easy on her. She hurt T’challa pretty bad.” Steve said walking up to stand beside me, my stomach sank as I knew he was right. She’d knocked him unconscious, but that wasn't her fault it’s completely understandable she freaked he was dressed like a cat. I didn’t say anything back my eyes drooping to the bag she had been carrying seeing the contents shift slightly, what the hell? Steve seemed to notice too crouching down and unzipping it a blonde ball of fluff bounding out, a cat? Not like one I’d ever seen. It hissed at me and Steve before jumping up onto the bed Y/N was on walking up before sitting beside her head nudging it’s nose against her cheek letting out a soft meow, me and Steve just watching in shock as the cat began to press it’s paw against her head making it roll over to one side the loose strands of hair from her pony tail falling in front of her face. She was stunning and I could feel myself smiling a little temporarily forgetting about the weird looking cat curled up by her head.

When we got back to Wakanda they placed her in a cell with one of those god awful collars on, they let the cat in with her though and it immediately began scratching at the collar like it knew what it was. This was cruel she didn’t deserve it, but then again she acted different...I’d never seen that angry before not when Steve pissed her off or when we’d push too far into her past. The cell was made out of strong glass and metal not something she could break through without her abilities, I stood by the glass watching her as she slept it was creepy but I worried if I took my eyes off her again she’d vanish.

“ What is she?” Shuri said from beside me making me jump not realizing she was there, she’s human what is she on about. I gave her a confused look but she wasn’t looking at me her eyes glued on Y/N.

“ She’s human. And she shouldn’t be in there,” I said nodding my head towards the cell and she nodded which surprised me.

“ I agree, but it’s not up to me. Until she’s deemed safe that’s where she’ll be,” She said sighing, “ If she was angry then I can’t imagine how she’ll be when she wakes up.” And as if on queue Y/N groaned making us both turn in her direction watching her blink a couple of times as she got used to the light.

“ Y/N?”

Y/N's pov:

I heard a voice call out my name but it sounded distant for some reason, I could feel a soft warmth on my back and when I moved my head it moved which startled me a little but then Rapunzel's head popped into view her emerald green eyes looking into mine and for a second I thought I was back in my apartment but the unusual heaviness of my body quickly reminded me that I wasn’t. Aside from Rapunzel their was another heaviness around my neck, a collar, I sighed and rolled my eyes not even bothering to get angry about it. I was just. So. Done. Flexing my hand I tried to get the feeling back and it worked soon I could feel the rest of my body. Looking around I saw surrounded my metal walls one of them made out of glass two people staring in at me from the other side, Bucky and some girl I didn’t know.