Chapter 5

What the hell happened?

Everything was still black and my ears were ringing, I could hear people saying stuff but I couldn’t made it out. What ever I was laying on was cold, hard and very uncomfortable forcing my eyes open finding that my vision was blurry too there were two figures leaning over either side of me but I couldn’t make anything about them out. Instinctively I went on the attack elbowing the person on my left hearing them groan a bit but before I couldn’t do anything else the person on my right pinned my arm down the other holding my arm in place. Wait, his hands really cold, metal? Oh metal that must be Bucky blinking a couple times my eyes became less blurry the figures becoming more obvious.

“ Woah easy tiger,” The person on my right said the voice belonging to Nat looking over at her seeing she had a very panicked expression.

“ I’m not a tiger,” I said slightly confused at what she meant hearing them both chuckle slightly letting go of my arm. I pulled myself to sit up feeling something warm running down the side of my head and over my lips, wiping the back of my arm under my nose looking down when I pulled it back. Blood? “ What happened?” I asked turning to Bucky who still looked panicked holding my chin turning my face away from him his human thumb brushing up the side of my head. When he let go I turned back to face him seeing he had blood running down his thumb into the palm of his hand.

“ How do to feel Y/N?” Nat asked making me turn to her.

“ Fine,” I replied and for the most part I was my head hurt a little but the pain was fading quickly, she nodded placing a hand on my back as I stood up looking around I saw we where in the museum still.

“ Let’s go to the bathroom I’ll help you clean up.” She said leading me away from Bucky to the museum bathroom which was empty. Since my hands were covered in bandages Nat ran some toilet paper under the taps bringing it to the side of my head wiping the blood up, “ Does this happen a lot?” She asked moving to the other side.

“ No,” I replied cleaning the blood off my arm with a separate bit of paper, she nodded cleaning up my nose before chucking the paper in the bin.

“ You still up for going shopping?” She said leading me back out the room back into the main room where Bucky was seeing he’d placed the stuff back in it’s case. You nodded giving her a small smile which seemed to cheer her mood up quite a bit, “ You should smile more,” she said looking back forward making sure she didn’t walk into anything. Walking back to him he was still staring at the objects with a slightly glum expression which quickly vanished when he heard me and Nat getting closer. You all walked out the museum the guard giving us a dirty look as we left, climbing back into the SUV I rested my head up against the window, my head didn’t hurt anymore but I was pretty exhausted wasn’t going to let it show though I didn’t want to worry them anymore than I already had. I don’t even know what happened maybe taking Bucky with me was too much to handle just thought the pain would’ve kicked in earlier on, don’t regret it though he looked happy truly happy and I hadn’t seen him like what before. Before I knew it we were in the parking lot of a massive mall just the thought of how many people were going to be in there made me nervous.

Nat had dragged me into several shops already and has brought a few clothes for me, they were nice but I didn’t get much say in what she brought just holding them up to me, saying it looked nice, then buying it. Shopping isn’t as fun as I thought it would be maybe that’s just because I wasn’t used to it, I didn’t know what I liked and I guess that made it difficult. She pulled me into another shot and I could practically feel the eye roll Bucky did because honestly I was feeling the same way and in a matter of minutes I had another pile of clothes in my arms. I definitely didn’t need this much but she didn’t show any sign of slowing down, I looked up at Bucky with a slightly fed up expression which he just smiled at. Although, this wasn’t enjoyable I did like being out of the compound being around a lot of people wasn’t as bad as I was expecting and quickly got used to it only really getting bothered when they barged into me. She brought me into the changing room while Bucky waited outside.