Chapter 7

This chapter has some smut so I'll mark where it starts and ends if you don't want to read it.

I wondered the compound for what felt like hours. Banner and many others had been trying to get my attention but I didn’t listen, I wanted to me alone. I wasn’t as strong as normal and couldn’t make it outside the compound just standing at a window on the second floor staring down as everything went into chaos around me. People were running about shouting and the building was on lock down, the outside was completely abandoned and it looked so peaceful. I sat down in front of the window and just focused on the view from the window watching the birds fly about in the sky, there weren’t and jets taking off and they came closer than I’d seen so far if it wasn’t so noisy inside I could sit here for ever. I didn’t know what was happening to my body and at this point in time I didn’t really care I didn’t want to go back to it, it didn’t feel like I was getting moved further away so I should be ok. I got back up off the floor and walked through the people bashing about the room dodging people as if I could bum into them, I got back into the lift surprised to see Nat already in there. She was biting her lip nervously and staring intensely at the floor, I stepped in beside her seeing she’d pressed the button to my floor, why was she going up there? When the doors opened she quickly walked out and straight over to Tony and Steve who were still arguing slightly and stared screaming at them.

I looked down the small side corridor my bedroom door still open I headed down the corridor but when I got to my room I saw I wasn’t there, Fuck. I quickly walked back into the main room and everything was quiet now. Steve was leaning on the counter with his head in his hand and Tony was just stood with his arms folded and head hung low, Nat was walked back towards the lift and I ran up to her and quickly followed her back into the lift watching her push the button to the hospital like floor. That wasn’t a good sign. That floor was just as hectic as the others people walking back and forth, in and out of rooms. I followed Nat as she pushed through the crowd till she got to a room near the end of the hall walking in and shutting the door behind her, so I just walked through it. Wait what the fuck? I found me, but I was a lot worse off than I remembered. I led on a hospital bed with lots of machines around me, there was wires that were attached to me with sticky pad looking things one looked like it was monitoring my heart beat and it didn’t look right. I knew in this state it was lowered dramatically but when it did beat it was health and normal but now it was weak, barely even there. There was a tube shoved down my throat hooked up to a breathing machine, was I in a coma? Maybe leaving my body after being electrocuted wasn’t a good idea, Bucky was sat beside me his hand still tightly grasping mine but I knew he couldn’t see me anymore.

“ What happened?” Nat asked walking beside Bucky placing her hand on his shoulder.

“ I thought you got rid of all the Hydra agents in Shield,” He replied angrily completely ignoring her question turning his head sharply to Nat, she stood in silence for a while just stated at him.

“ So did I but we can never know for sure,” She said getting visibly uneasy at his aggressive behaviour.

“ Then why did you bring her here! You shouldn’t made sure she was some place safe.” He shouted letting go of my hand and standing up quickly clearing making her even more uncomfortable, he just stared down at her for a couple of seconds before pushing past her and put the room. She stood there in shock then her eyes moved down to me and softened slightly walking over to my side placing her hand lightly on my shoulder.

“ Y/N I’m so sorry,” She said sighing deeply before taking her hand back off.

“ Nat don’t blame yourself,” Banner said turning away from what he was doing giving her a sympathetic look. Nat just nodded giving the man a small smile, if I could feel bad I would seeing how this whole situation was messing everyone up was... wrong. I should’ve stayed and talked to Bucky but I didn’t and stormed off now I’d fucked myself over, I tried to get back into my body but I just couldn’t it was like there was some sort of wall in the way. Walking over to my unconscious body I placed my hand on top of my real one seeing the heart monitor speed up a little catching both Nat and Banners attention, I kept my hand there watching my heart beat return something that was some what normal. Nat placed her hand on the one I was holding my eyes beginning to glow watching her blink and shake her head in confusion before turning to her side almost jumping out of her skin when she saw me.