My New Parents!!

I took my gray shirt back to the orphanage before I could draw anymore attention to myself.

I opened the door to my shared bedroom and closed it as quietly as I could. My eyes shut from relief and I slid my back down the door.

"WHERE WERE YOU??????????"

I jumped up faster than James Charles can say HI SISTERSS!!!!!

A grungy, grayish-brownish-blondish-reddish-blackish-haired woman was crouching on my bed, and Emma was laying almost lifeless in her bed in the far right corner of the room.

"I was just... taking a walk. You know how I like to stroll during the pleasant morning hours." I look down to my feet. That was a lie. I've never taken a walk by myself, especially because we're not allowed to leave the grounds from 6pm and 1pm.

She waved her clumpy finger at me and stomped off my bed. The wooden planks creaked as she slid her feet toward me.

"Your new parents are going to be here soon, but maybe I won't let you meet them since you were out in the morning, disobeying our strict rules. You know we don't like making a bad impression on the couples that come around here."

"Who is WE??" I feel my hands tingle a little as rage and confusion filled me. "You're the only one running this place!"

"THAT IS NONE OF YOU BUSINESS, ELLIE." My name is Lily.

She turned around quickly and ran to the open window. Suddenly, my hands felt warm and full of energy. I brought them closer to my face and I could slightly see a small tinge of a white glow. Startled, I flung them back behind my back.

"I saw you walking from all the way down the street." She sprinted at me. "And I saw you put something in that backpack of yours. What is it, sweetie??"

I froze. Shoot, I hadn't thought about that. My wallet was still in my hand and I put it in my bag. I wasn't allowed to have a wallet, let alone buy an expensive shirt in public.

She grabbed my backpack from next to my feet. I had plopped it down when I came in the room. She unzipped it and took a large peek inside. Luckily, I was smart enough to put the shirt and wallet under a layer of styrofoam that looked like the bottom of my bag. On the top, there was a flyer I found on the street for some broadway show.

She gave me the side eye. "You want to go to broadway? Maybe torture your new parents with that abominable show." She tossed my stuff on my bed, which she had gotten dirty with some blue liquid that was on the bottom of her shoes when she stood on it. I still don't know why she was on my bed. Like what the heck.

Anyways, she told me that in about fifteen minutes my new parents would arrive. She said I needed to act like a charming little kid or else she would beat me.

-- 15 minutes later :)) --

"ELLIE! COME DOWNSTAIRS. I SEE THEM COMING."

I was actually nervous. The only other time I had a couple who wanted to adopt me was like five years ago, when I didn't really know how I was supposed to act around them. I didn't really understand that I would have gone home with them. They just seemed like nice visitors. Now, I knew that it was important for them to like me. I didn't want to stay here with the troll that ran this place.

I walked down the stairs and turned into the living room. I could not believe my orbs. Three ladies were sitting on the couch and for a split second I thought my eyesight was going wack. Two of them looked like basically the same. The third, who was on the left... she look like them, but taller and a little younger... and she was the lady who I met at the store.

We met eyes and she smiled at me. So did the other two.

"This is Ellie. She's fourteen." The troll grinned at the ladies.

"I'm Lily. I'm thirteen years-old." I smiled a little at them, and they seemed to like me because they looked at each other with approving looks.

"Hi Lily!" One of the ladies who looked the same waved a small wave and laughed. "My name is Ashley." She pointed to her clone and called her Mary-Kate. I thought it was a little strange that she had two first names.

"And I'm Elizabeth." The lady from the store stuck her hand out for a handshake. I shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you all. I heard you want to adopt me. That's cool."

Ashley laughed... or maybe it was Mary-Kate. I already forgot. "Yeah, we're looking to adopt, although we're not technically a couple."

Her clone and Elizabeth chuckled a little. Elizabeth said, "we live together, though, so we can be a big happy family!"

That made me go uwu a little haha, and I sat down next to the troll to get to meet them more.

We sat for two hours and had a snack together. I thought it was going really well!

Apparently, so did the troll! After a while more, Mary-Kate, Ashley, and Elizabeth signed some papers and I was sent upstairs to get my belongings.

As I opened my door, it hit me. I wouldn't see my friends at the orphanage ever again. These girls were my best and only friends I'd ever had. I didn't know if I would be able to live without seeing them every day.

Emma, Chloe, and Alice were sitting cross-legged on my bed. Why was everyone on my bed today??

I ran to them to give them hugs and we all wept a little. I told them I would try to walk by the orphanage as often as I could, and maybe they could shout to me from the window to the sidewalk. I would really miss them.

Troll ordered me back downstairs, so I had to say my final goodbye to them. That was the only sad part about leaving the orphanage. I was finally being adopted, but the orphanage was all I'd ever known. It was difficult.

Nevertheless, I left in like five minutes.

-------------------------

Thank you so much for reading!!!!!!!!