LIZZIE'S BDAYYY!!!

OH MY GAWSHHHHHHH

IT'S LIZZIE'S BDAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

I was SO excited like I could have burst at the seams like that one time I saw this guy on the street and he was like reallyyyy overweight. I do not condone body shaming. However, I was SOOOO shocked to see that he was literally bursting out of his pants. I do not know what seams I could be bursting out of, but I could have definitely like exploded with satisfaction or something. I was SO OSOSO EXCITEDDDDD. No one understands how excited I was. I was SO enthused. Like I couldn't contain my happiness at ALL. If you think you could then you're wrong lol.

At the orphanage, we never celebrated birthdays. If we did, it was because they got too old to live with us and then they went somewhere else. It was sorta sad tbh because that meant we would probably never see them again. But like, LIZZIE'S bday was so exciting bc I knew the United States orphanage system was not going to kick her out of our home.

I asked MK what we were going to do for the special day and she said "idk why'd you ask me" so I went to the bathroom, where Ashley was, and I knocked on the door.

"I'm busy!" She called out.

"Okay."

"I'll be out in a few minutes!"

"Are you pooping"

There was silence.

"Okay sorry," I said bc I was actually starting to feel a little awkward lol. "What are we doing for Lizzie's birthday today?"

"Oh shoot I forgot," she said. Then, there was more silence.

"Okay"

"Noooooo I'm just kiddingggg haha don't worry," Ashley said while she was on the other side of the door and also sitting on the toilet. "When I come out of the bathroom we can talk more about it."

"No but I'm excited so I want to know now"

"Go sit in the living room."

"But can't you just tell meeee??"

"Go sit in the damn living room, Lilly."

I went to go sit in the living room like she told me to, and I was still SOOOOO EXCITEDDDD!! Like were we gonna have cake?? Were the twins going to take us somewhere special for dinner?? Was the rest of their family going to come over??? I looked up at the ceiling and it made me sorta sad but mostly happy, if that makes sense. The emotions that sloshed all around in my mind were confusing - awesome, but confusing. It made me teary-eyed. Being part of this family was the best thing that had ever happened to me, and I was SO grateful they adopted me. When I was an orphan, I had not experienced half of the luxuries that were available to me with my new "parents." I had never felt so happy.

I just feel so warm and comforted at home now. That's not something I'm used to, but it's something I definitely could get used to.

Then, Ashley came out like an hour later or smth. She was all sweaty and stuff but I forgave her.

"Okay, Lilly. I think I figured some stuff out. We can order a cake from that bakery she likes three blocks down. I guess we can have that after dinner. For dinner, I was thinking I go out for a bit and buy some flowers and then come swing by to pick you guys up so we can eat somewhere nice. I'm not yet sure where to eat, though."

"Maybe we should let Lizzie decide?" I thought it was a good idea, but she gave me a weird look.

"Eeeuuurrghhhhh"

"Um are u ok"

She didn't answer me, which I thought was like pretty darn rude of her, but she went back into the bathroom so I know she was having tummy issues again.

Like an hour later, she came out. (haha not like that silly)

"Uh oh she's going to be home any minute now."

"Ashley, she's already home. She's in her room."

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME??" she scream-whispered. "WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?"

I shrugged. "We can still take her out for dinner. I'm sure she'd still like that. Maybe text MK and tell her to pick up some flowers or something and bring it to the restaurant."

Lizzie came out from the hallway and waved at Ashley. "You good?" She laughed.

"Sure"

"Okay"

I waved at Lizzie, and she smiled and waved back (ommmgmogmgomgogmogm)

I sneezed. "So... we were thinking we should go out for your birthday!! Like a birthday dinner!"

"Oh!" She exclaimed. "Because it's my birthday and we're going to eat dinner."

"Yeah, that's right," I said. "We were thinking of letting you pick, since we couldn't settle on anything and it might be better if you pick since it's your birthday and all."

We arrived at this semi-formal restaurant that I'd never been to before. It was pretty dark in there, but the decorations were beautiful. There were these pretty little lightbulbs that hung above each table and shined a warm, dim light on the tablecloth. I saw a lot of couples, and not a lot of other kids.

The hostess seated us at one of the booths near the back of the restaurant, where we could have a glimpse at the kitchen. All of the cooks were so focused and they looked so skilled. Every dish that left the kitchen looked amazing. For that reason, it was taking me a really long time to decide what I wanted to order. Also because I can't read very well.

Thankfully, Ashley ordered two appetizers for us to share, which gave me more time to look through the main course menu.

I took a bite from the appetizer in front of me. "Wow, this is really good. What is it?"

Lizzie told me it was calamari, and then I asked her what calamari was and she told me is was squid, and then I had a moment of fear, but then I got over it because I'm a big girl. It tasted good anyways.

The chowder was also really really good, except I only had a little because MK devoured it like a beast.

For our main courses, Ashley got chicken piccata, MK ordered a bigger bowl of the chowder, Lizzie got a salmon dish with wild rice, and I got spaghetti and meatballs. I'd grown fond of meatballs. I liked the way they tasted, the way they felt, and even their round shape. These meatballs were HUGE. I guess fancy restaurants make bigger balls, idk.
---
I'm back
Okay thanks