I Went to School for the First Time!

Lizzie's computer was really cool. So were MK's and Ashley's (I like MK bc it sounds like MJ lol). When I saw Lizzie on her computer that night, I started noticing how often the three of them were typing. I thought it was SO awesome that they knew how to type. Like their fingers would just go bap bap bap on the keys so fast like SO fast and they did it like second nature. I never learned how to type, so it was so cool to me. It's like a different language even though it was English, which is not a different language because I only know English.

I really wanted to learn how to type. I wanted to use the internet. I've never been on the internet, but I hear a lot of things about it. I want to know how to use Amazon.com. I want to be able to search for places to eat dinner at. I want to learn how to navigate the dark web (I'm kiddingggg haha I'm so funny right!! No but that would actually be sosososoooo cool like I would have so many bragging rights, but like I wouldn't really tell my friends because that would expose me and I'm NOT a snitch. ESPECIALLY not a snitch to myself.)

Oh speaking of friends, I made some. They were in my school, and they were okay. Omg I didn't mention I'm going to private school now! They enrolled me in a private school, where I had to wear this collared shirt every day, which I don't really enjoy but I think if I don't wear it then they will beat me or something. I'm not really sure though.

School has been really really interesting because I've only ever been homeschooled by the Troll and it was really not good. Bad actually. Really bad, like I knew we weren't being taught very well. I've always wanted to go to a real school, public or private, because I want to be able to take care of myself and live in this society. Independence is key, and I know it would be so much easier to get a job and sustain myself if I got my GED someday. In this economy, just getting a job is so hard! I know I can do it one day, though. I believe in myself and my abilities.

Anyways haha on the first day of school, Lizzie dropped me off because the MK and Ashley were busy as always. Not that Lizzie wasn't always busy, it's just that she has a more flexible-ish schedule because she doesn't run a company or anything. I'm really glad she dropped me off, though, because I was really nervous and she is the best at calming me down <3.

We didn't drive to the school because it's New York City and you have a better chance of getting mugged by a rat than finding a parking spot. We took the subway instead. I saw a man in the subway and he asked us if we wanted to accompany him to the International Space Station. He assured us he wasn't drunk or high or anything. Honestly we believe him because he was speaking like a regular person. His words were clear and we had a full conversation with him. He just fully believed that NASA invited him to go to space. I know what you're gonna say... don't talk to strangers! But he was pretty nice, not gonna lie. I didn't think he was scary, except for the beginning when he first started talking to us. I told him that space scared me and then we left the subway train. 

We walked a couple blocks and made it to the front entrance of the school, and even MORE nerves started kicking in. I was worried about how I would make friends, how I would I like my teachers, and whether I would actually enjoy school! It was all so much I fainted.

JK HAHAHA I didn't faint. Not that time. I know I tend to do that a lot, but I managed to keep myself composed. I did feel a little lightheaded, though that's okay!!

I got to my first class almost late, so there were only a few seats left to take. I sat down next to the window. These two girls who came in after me walked over and sat down next to me. It seemed like they were friends because they had been talking to each other since they walked in. They noticed I seemed to not have any friends, so they stopped talking and turned to look at me.

"Is that dust in your hair?" The one with black hair asked. 

"HUH?" I say. I touched my head and sure enough I didn't feel anything.

"Not THERE, silly. Over THERE!" The girl whacked the side of my head like six times and then was like "okay, I got it for you."

"Thanks"

"You're welcome."

Class started and the black-haired girl and the brown-haired girl stopped talking so they could listen to the teacher introduce herself. The teacher seemed pretty nice, and I was excited to get to be in the class with her as my teacher. I was a little worried, though, because I had never had this much work to do. Well, I had a lot of chores around the house when I was at the orphanage, but I never had written work, you know?

I was happy I didn't have any homework yet, but I knew we were going to start learning the next day. The first day of classes was just introductions and stuff.

At lunch, I walked into the cafeteria and I didn't know what to do. It seemed like people already had friends, and they were all talking to each other. I really didn't see a single person who I thought seemed approachable. Luckily, the two girls from my first class saw me and the brown-haired girl waved. 

I walked over and was greeted by them.

"You were in our first period class, right? Are you new? I've never seen you before," the brown-hair girl said. "My name is Alice. It's nice to meet you."

"Yeah, I sat next to you! I'm Lilly, and yeah I am new this year. Would it be okay if I sat with you guys for lunch today?"

"Of courseeee! You seem really cool!" Alice smiled.

"I'm Jo," said the black-haired girl.

"Do you identify as a male?" I ask because I was trying to be polite.

"No."

"Oh okay"

I ate my pasta and meatballs next to them the entirety of lunch, and I really liked getting to know Alice and Jo. Alice seemed really really sweet, and Jo is probably really cool too, it's just she kept looking at me weirdly. But that's alright! I was just happy I made some friends.

---

Thanks for reading :)

2/11/23