Picture Day

Today, I'm going to school a little early for picture day. I was wearing this pretty blue shirt that MK brought back from work a few days ago.
"Hey, Lilly. I saw this on one of the racks at work and I thought you'd look really nice in it."
"Oh my!! Thank you sooo much! Picture day is next week and I've been freaking outtt about it! You're a life saver!"
We hugged, and I realized it was one of the first times we've hugged since I was adopted. To be honest, I haven't been super close with MK or Ash at all, but I'd like to change that. It's just that they're usually so busy, and now that I'm in school... it's been really difficult to find a time to just chill together.

It was like the 20-somethingth day of school and I've been wearing basically the same stuff this whole time, which is cool and all, but like my parents are now super famous fashion icons, so like, I really appreciate this cool top.

I still get walked to school with either one of the twins or Lizzie, but we talked recently about how it might be a little hard to have one of them escort me all the time. Lizzie has a big project she's starting in a couple weeks, and the twins are always busy. We agreed that I could get a phone soon so that when the time comes that I need to go to school alone, I'll be safe. But them trusting me like that, you know, to not die on my way to school... I really love that. It gives me a sense of freedom, of trust, of something I'd never had at the orphanage.

Oh ALSO, at school we have our short homeroom period at the beginning of each day. Today, since I got to school earlier than usual, I got to watch all of my classmates in my homeroom walk in. Everyone looked so nice, and I actually felt like I sort of fit in.

Jo is in my homeroom, but Alice isn't, since her last name starts with a C and Jo's starts with an O, like mine does. They group us by last names, so that's why we're split up. I'm actually in like a billion classes with Jo. Okay, not really but like we're in three together: homeroom, English, and Computer Science. English is where I first met Jo and Alice, and where she hit me in the head to get a bug away from me. (You know I actually felt dizzy for like a couple days after and my balance was suuuuper messed up but I'm fine now.) Computer Science is at the end of the day, so we get to leave school together, which is nice. It's actually a really fun class, even though I'm still learning to type.
They made morning announcements, which included the times for when we take our pictures. Our group is going to go at the end of the day because our homeroom is for the second half of the alphabet. It's sorta annoying because we'll have to make sure we still look good by the end of the day. Usually my hair is all tangled into one big knot and I'm sweaty because our air ventilation sucks butt. But I guess we will see what happens.

Homeroom ends, and I walk with Jo to English class, where we see Alice. Fortunately, we don't have assigned seating in this class, so we can sit near each other. I prefer to sit next to the windows so that I can feel a slight breeze.
Um... and then the guy in front of me FARTS like so LOUDLY?? And that scared me so bad I passed out INSTANTLY. So yeah I woke up in the nurse's office and the first thing she said was "girllll, you've been out for soooo long." And that kinda scared me bc last time I was only out for like a minute or two but when I looked at the clock it said it was lunchtime.

The nurse was pretty nice and she let me go back to class after the lunch period. When I walked in, everyone stared at me like I was a celebrity. I mean, technically I sorta am like not by blood but by law and the social construct that is the family. I didn't love the looks though because they all stared at me as if I was weird. A weird celebrity. I quickly got to my seat and took out my books and pencil case. I looked at the pencils and pens in there. Writing is not very easy to me. It makes my hands so tired all the time and my handwriting is so messy. Recently I've been typing more, which is why I like my computer science class so much. It's just like a really basic compsci class, but I still think it's super cool that my school has it.
The afternoon goes by pretty quickly, and soon enough I'm in Computer Science. Today, we were just reviewing stuff from yesterday because my classmates can be sorta dummy sometimes so they found this lesson to be super difficult. I thought it was relatively easy though, so I got my work done early. I raised my hand and my teacher came over to me.
"I'm done with the practice for today," I said, hoping he'd be impressed.
"Okay," he said quietly. He started walking away, which I wasn't expecting.
"Um... can you come back?"
"Okay"
"So what do I do now?"
"Well, you can start tomorrow's lesson, even though we haven't learned it as a class yet. There are instructions on this worksheet though, so I think you'll be fine."
"Thanks"
The rest of class went by so quickly because the lesson was actually really interesting. It was an add-on to yesterday's lesson. I showed my teacher that I finished my work and he told me "Okay" and that I can just chill until the end of the school day.

It was FINALLY time for me to take my picture, but when I went to the bathroom to check my hair, I realized I wasn't wearing the  shirt that MK got me. I don't know how I didn't realize it sooner, but it was this big blue tshirt that I suppose the nurse must have given me. Why, though?
I ran super duper fast to the nurse's office, but it was locked. I guess she closes right when school ends. I ran my hands through my hair. I was quaking in my boots (I was not wearing boots.) I didn't see any custodians I could ask to unlock the nurse's office for me. I saw my shirt through the window in the door. It was neatly folded, sitting on the chair by the window. Hmm. That window looked unlocked.
I ran super duper fast to the exit of the school and tried to find the window of the nurse's office. Maybe if I go in through the window, I'll be able to get my shirt in time for me to take my picture.
I was right. It worked! I pushed the window open and climbed right in. Very convenient, but a really big safety hazard in my opinion. Anyways, I started changing into my nice shirt when I heard something behind me.
"What are you doing in here?"
---
Haha this one is pretty long so I hope you guys like it