One

_____ smiled as she swam through the great, big ocean. Her rich, blue skin blended with the reflection of the seafloor, her long, curly brown hair whipped behind her as her sparkly blue and red tail propelled her forward. She swam through a small opening in a cave and slowly swam to the surface. The pool of water resided inside the volcano-shaped cave. She lifted herself onto the edge of the solid rock, which was surrounded by dark sand, and looked up at the night sky. The full moon fit perfectly in the opening of the cave, illuminating the water in the large pool.

She swayed her tail in the water, gently caressing the scales with her webbed fingers, until, suddenly, there was a large thud and some grunts.

"Ah, shit."

Her eyes widened in surprise before she dove into the water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why the hell are we going to this island, again?" Katsuki grumbled as he stepped off of the boat.

"C'mon, bro. You like to hike, don't you? Think of it as hiking, but with more nature!" Eijiro exclaimed with a grin. Shoto stepped out of the boat and yawned.

"But this isn't hiking. You wanna CAMP, out in the middle of fucking nowhere."

"Relax, Kaachan. It won't be that bad," Izuku added. "Sucks Denki and Sero couldn't come, though."

Katsuki rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Let's just get going before it gets dark."

They found a nice place to set up camp, then, decided to explore the island.

"Woah! A cave! Dudes come to look!"

"A cave?" Katsuki repeated as he walked over to him. "It just looks like a dirty hole."

"What's up, guys?!" Denki exclaimed as he appeared from behind a tree. "We decided to come! Why are you still out? It's dark."

Everyone jumped in surprise, and Izuku screamed. Eijiro bumped into Katsuki, causing him to fall down the hole. He tumbled down until he hit the ground.

"Ah, shit."

"Sorry, bro! Is there a way out?!" Eijiro exclaimed.

Suddenly, Katsuki heard a splash, and he looked in the direction it came from.

"Uh, it's a cave. I'll see," Katsuki yelled back as he walked further into the cave, holding onto the wall to guide himself through the dark cave.

___ hid under the entrance of the cave, just enough to watch Katsuki walk out to the small pool area. He paused and looked around.

"Damn," he muttered. Katsuki kneeled down next to the pool, and for a moment, his dark red eyes connected with dark brown eyes.

____'s eyes widened in shock, and she froze, for a moment.

"You okay?" Katsuki said.

She let out a small shriek before she dove back into the water. Katsuki watched with wide eyes as she disappeared, a large, blue tail followed behind her, splashing him as she dove into the water. Katsuki fell onto his ass and stared at the, now still, water in shock. He couldn't believe his eyes.

"A fucking mermaid?" He muttered.

"Yo! You okay down there?!" Denki exclaimed.

"We brought a rope for you to climb back up!" Izuku yelled. "Kaachan?!"

Later that night, ____ crawled onto the shore, dried herself off, and shredded her tail. Then, she walked towards their camp, her legs were wobbly, from not walking often, but her curiosity was far superior. She stood behind a tree, watching the group of guys interact.

"Katsuki, what was it like down there?" Denki said.

"Yeah, I wanna know too," Sero said.

"Nothing special," he said. "Just a pool of water."

"Hey, Eijiro?" Katsuki said, a few days later.

"What's up?"

"Do you believe in mermaids?"

Eijiro choked. "What the hell? Where did that come from?"

"Forget it," Katsuki snapped before he looked back at the screen. Eijiro paused the age and looked at him. "Does this have anything to do with you wanting a job at the," he paused. "Marine life rescue center?"

Katsuki scoffed. "No," he said. "I just wanted to do something new this summer. The past two semesters were a pain in the ass."

"Really? Then you won't mind the rest of us working with you?"

"Whatever," Katsuki grumbled.