SEVEN: Walking Thoughts

George shakes his head trying to forget the memory. It wasn't something he was particularly proud of. He acted like a brat, then he got that unforgiving message that would haunt him for years.

He gets up from his seat abruptly, deciding a walk would take his mind off of things. It was only a few hours till his love message would be sent. So, there wasn't much else he could do.

George still lived with his mother. He was an only child. The house was small, barely able to fit him and his mother. His father had walked out on him only a few years prior. To be perfectly honest, he still doesn't know why. It still stings when he thinking about it.

George made it to the living room. His mother was out working. It was a Saturday, which meant she'd be working at her part time job as a cashier.

He put on his shoes and walked outside. The cold air being refreshing. He closed his eyes focusing on nothing besides the cold breeze. He shivered for a moment.

His neighborhood, (if you could even call it that), was small in every way. Small houses, small roads, and a small population. They'd only moved here two years ago.

Before this, he'd lived in London. It was quite the change. He didn't mind too much though, it was peaceful here, and he liked the view of the open sky here in Florida. It was nice.

Though, the population did leave him with less job opportunities. He wanted to work, to get his head in the game. He'd always been good with money, never spending too much. But, he wanted to spend just a little on himself.

George actually planned on moving to the neighboring town and getting a job there. It was much bigger and much nicer. He'd looked at apartments a couple days ago, and found one he'd be able to afford with his mother and him working. Oh, and of course he'd be bringing his mother. Though, he hadn't told his mother about his plans yet.

The first year living in this neighborhood he went to their local high school. But, he soon found it to be too small. Everyone knew each other, and to be honest they didn't like him much. They had.. different views.

Luckily, George was a very bright kid and had top grades. His mother decided to send him to the farther, but much better high-school in the town over. That led to him taking a 30 minutes bus ride and a 20 minutes walk everyday. And, boy was he sick of it.

His 'little' trip costs him. He had to get up at 5am each day. Which, to be honest was very difficult for the kid. Even missing some days of school just because, well, he slept in. And, you bet his ass slept till 12pm on the weekends.

George opened his eyes, looking around to check if anyone was around. He didn't mind people, but he also didn't want anyone judging his living conditions.

He quickly went to the side of the road, just barely on the grass. They didn't have sidewalks, that's how small his little neighborhood was. George started his walk with a little running, to hopefully get anyone off his trail, if there was anyone.

He let his mind wonder. Bad choice. He'd of course been subconsciously thinking about his up coming love message. And, now was consciously thinking about love messages.
-
WC: 584
Mistakes?