Missed Messages | Chisaki Kai x Reader

Part 1 (Part 2 = "You left me")

TW: Mentions of Su!c!de
----

I typed on my computer. I need to work but I don't have the materials. I stand up and go towards the front door to leave to work. "Hey, Kai?"
"Hm?"
"Happy Birthday." Ah, it's my birthday today? I don't remember it being such. I guess it's turned into any other day.
"You remembered? Even I didn't remember." Y/N smiled and sung sweetly to me.
"You only live once. We all have things to say before we die. Well, have a good day at work." They waved. I exited the house.

Hours later had passed, I had finished work up so I went home. During that time, I had turned off my phone to conserve battery. When I turned it back on, I saw messages from Y/N.
"I love you. You're a great husband."
"It's not your fault."
When I walked into the house, I got a chill, nervous. But I don't know why. The door... there was a note on Y/N's door.
" 'Don't come in. There are things you don't want to see in here. Call the police and they'll know what to do. -Love, Y/N' " I read. Should I...go in? No, I won't. They said not to. I called the police, staring at the door. When they opened the room, ny tears couldn't stop. The pain in my heart felt like I had been stabbed. They, Y/N, had... commited...suicide. I wanted to break down and sob. But all I could do was stare, and act.
I watched them bury them. Their singing ringing in my head. The anesthetic of pain washed away, which made reality hit me. It hit me, they were dead. They couldn't come back. If I had stayed, if I hadn't have gone, maybe, just maybe I could have stopped it. Maybe they'd be alive. Maybe... just maybe, if I didn't go out,

It could have all been okay.