Happy Birthday | Chisaki Kai

This was supposed to be posted on May 28th, but I was doing stuff that day since that happened to be my birthday as well.

It was getting lonely. Spending a day that people normally celebrated with some other people, alone. No, not Valentine's day. But the birth of a human, otherwise yourself. The last time Chisaki celebrated his birthday with someone was when Pops was around. Walking, talking, not being in a coma. Nowadays, Chisaki spent his birthday alone. It felt like any other day, which had made him forget he was born on that day.

You hid under his desk, holding a present with a plague mask on. The day had just started and Chisaki was out of the room. He walked in then sat down, scooting in. You looked up and him then popped out since he had kicked you. You threw the gift into his arms then yelled;
"SURPRISE SHAWTY!" Then ran out. Chisaki was confused. He didn't know whether to be happy or angry. Chisaki opened the gift carefully, seeing as it was the first gift he got in awhile that was packaged nicely. He awaited the random dead mice Setsuno would always bring him on this day, so he of course, could throw it away.
Each rectangular piece of tape was carefully taken off, then stuck to the edge of the table, making it 3 pieces that had been removed leaving the wrapped gift tape-less. The bow that had been on top was also removed and put on his computer's corner. He then gently unfolded the paper to reveal a box, which was put aside so he could open it. Chisaki opened the box, to reveal things he enjoyed along with a note.
'Happy birthday! Or is it too late? Whatever, happy birthday, Overhaul! Love ya, boss. -Y/N.'
Chisaki smiled at the note, then pulling out the objects. A small keychain, it looked hand-made, of his mask, a pack of Magic Erasers, and a small framed image of the one picture he took with you. Each made him happier than the last, the keychain going on his keys, the Magic Erasers going into his cleaning horde, and the framed image being placed on his desk. There was a genuine smile on his face. Then, there was a knock at the door. Ah yes, the routinely dead rat.
"Come in."
Setsuno walked in, dead rat in hand. The blond had a large grin on his face, then tossed the rat and handed him ¥3000.
"Sorry boss, gotta pay for food y'know?" Setsuno nervously chuckled as he put the money and grabbed the rat, placing it on the table. "Well, I got you lunch." The blond then happily walked out. Chisaki stared at the door. What was going on today? Normally he just gets a rat. Nothing else. The brunette sighed, slumping down in his chair.
"Whatever..." Chisaki said, checking out the new keychain he obtained from you. 'Love ya, boss.' What could that mean? He thought to himself. He shook his head. I'm probably overthinking it.

Happy Birthday, Chisaki Kai. 05/28