Epilogue

Lan Qi Ren and Jiang Cheng sat on the steps of the Jingshi in awkward silence, watching the children run around, chasing the rabbits on the porch. Jiang Cheng was just waiting for the Lan master to start reciting his rules but was shocked when the latter remained silent. After seeing how happy they were and hearing their joyful laughter, Lan Qi Ren could not bring himself to recite the rules and stop them from running. So he glued himself to the steps and with a smile, continued to silently baby sit for his nephews. He watched his granddaughter roughly grab a rabbit only for the latter to squirm in her hold and then eventually jump out and run away. It was only when Lan Shuo tripped on his wobbling legs and face planted the floor with a loud cry, did Qi Ren spring to his feet and pick the little toddler in his arms.

"A-Shuo," he said softly after noticing the minor blood stained scratches on his arms. "Are you okay?"

The child continued to cry softly and A-Qing and A-Yan appeared by their side.

"A-Shuo, don't cry," A-Yan whispered with a frown.

"Yes, A-Shuo. Grow up!" exclaimed A-Qing causing A-Shuo to wail louder. A-Yan winced and glared at his sister while Lan Qi Ren sighed tiredly. Jiang Cheng snickered. His brother had again managed to disrupt the entire Cloud Recesses. But this time, it was forever.

At five years old, the twins had grown beautifully. They were a perfect combination of their parents. Both the kids had Wang Ji's golden eyes and A-Yan had inherited Wei Ying's devilish smile. He loved spending his time reading and learning to play the Guqin from his A-Die and BoBo. His character did justice to his name. He was kind, fair and just. Just like Lan Wang Ji. He was always capable of finding loopholes in the rules, thereby successfully getting around the rules. In short, he was Wei Wuxian under the façade of Lan Wang Ji.

Lan Qing on the other hand, was Lan Qi Ren's very own nightmare. A nightmare that he loved with all of his living breath. She was a spitting image of her grandmother, Cangse. And she very much behaved like her too. Bold and brash, hated the rules. She was a free spirit who refused to be tied down by any rules. Rules meant nothing to her. She was an extreme version of Wei Ying. Oh! She was also a master manipulator. A-Yan rarely got into trouble but A-Qing always managed to convince her brother into doing things that he would otherwise never do. And whenever they ended up in trouble, A-Qing would just pout and stare at her elders with quivering lips and tear filled eyes (A-Yan was very much aware about his sister's dramatics), successfully melting their hearts and glares and thus avoiding punishment. Contrary to her bold behaviour, she also had a kind heart and was very protective of her family.

The latest addition to their group was little Lan Shuo Xiao Yi, Lan Xi Chen's and Yan Li's three year old son. He had his father's eyes and pleasant smile and looked like a delicate flower, just like his mother. The twins loved having a younger sibling to play with and protect. They took their job as an older sibling very seriously (Especially A-Yan).

The three siblings had formed a tight knit group, always joined in the hips and had successfully inherited the title of "The Three Jades of Lan".

"A-Qing," began Jiang Cheng, lifting her up in his arms. "You can't say that. He is your baby brother."

"But ShuShu, he's three," she replied, holding up three fingers. "Three is not a baby."

Jiang Cheng had become an unofficial member of the Lan Sect with his constant visits whenever his siblings were not in Lotus Pier. They had come to a compromise that they would alternate every two months between Cloud Recesses and Lotus Pier. It was tiring but for family they would do anything.

Jiang Cheng had been waiting for his brother and sister and getting into an argument with a five year old (Wei Wuxian's smart and reckless five year old) was the last thing he wanted. Thankfully, Wei Ying and Lan Zhan, holding hands, followed by Yan Li and Xi Chen waltzed into the porch with bright smiles.