3: Everyday life with a full moon

Y/n was sitting in the living room with the two newest additions to the household with Miia lecturing them about the inter species exchange bill. Y/n was half paying attention, the other half of his mind wandering randomly.

Kimihito: "Cerea, Miss Smith wants you to fill out your homestay application forms when you get the chance to..."

Kimihito's words trailed off once he saw Miia staring right at him, and Centorea turning her head away and refusing to look up. He had, inadvertently, cut off the fighting between the two girls by drawing their attention elsewhere, specifically the large red horseshow mark over his eye.

Looking up, Y/n's face contorted as he strained to keep his laughter inside his mind, only partially failing. Miia turned her head as impossible speeds to glare at Centorea.

Miia: "If you know the rules, why is there a horseshoe mark on his face?"

Her tone was low and deadly, every single word carrying the threat of a drawn out and painful death. It didn't take a genius to figure out what would happen if the lamia wasn't calmed down very soon. Knowing of the carnage that was about to occur, Kimihito stepped in to give an explanation of what had gone down between him and the centaur.

One hurried rant later, and they had learnt the truth.

Apparently, Kimihito had walked in on Centorea while she was naked in the bath, not used to her bathing schedule and having expected the bathroom to be empty. And she had kicked him in her panicked retaliation, explaining the loud scream Y/n had heard earlier but had elected to ignore out of his lack of desire to move from the chair he had decided was just for him to sit in.

Y/n spared a thought to the image of Centorea naked. Even if his and Centorea's relationship was rocky at best, he could and would absolutely deny she was attractive, however he would very much be lying. At the thought, Y/n felt a sharp twang of pain in the back of his head. Not painful enough to be abnormal to him, but still odd given how sudden it was. He hadn't even drunk since reincarnating, as sad as that thought was, so it couldn't be a hangover. Though, to be fair, his hangovers were normally pretty mild thanks to his godlyy alcohol tolerance.

Kimihito: "I didn't think anybody was in there. It was all my fault, okay?"

Centorea: "No, it isn't."

She had grabbed both of his hands, the two of them standing very close. It vaguely looked like they were about to start reading their vows.

Centorea: "I was sweaty after my morning run, so I decided to take a bath, I should've locked the door."

Y/n wondered what kind of person didn't lock the door when bathing, but put it up the cultural thing now that he was now living in Japan and somehow understood and spoke the language. Or it was a centaur thing, also a possibly, or Centorea was just an idiot. Y/n would go with that last one.

Miia cut in as Kimihido spoke, knocking him back as she got in between the two of them.

Miia: "What's wrong with you? You are way too nice to her! And you, those application forms aren't going to sign themselves!"

Centorea struggled to respond, leaning backwards from Miia being in her face and her loud shouts.

Y/n had already opened a bag of popcorn by this point, enjoying the show as Papi read the book on the exchange bill on the sofa next to his chair, growing more and more confused to the point that steam was coming from her head.

Papi was a short girl, less than five feet tall, with a petite build, a mess of short, pale blue hair and wide, golden-brown eyes. She was a harpy, meaning her arms turned to blue wings at her bicep, leaving her with thumbs like a bat but mostly bird-like appendages. Her feet were also like a bird, with three talons toes coated in yellowish scaley looking skin like the legs of an eagle. She was very childish, and also kind of a moron, having thoroughly shocked them all when they found out she was Miia's age.