6: Everyday life with shedding

Demonic cheers echoed loudly through the arena, the crowd yelling at the fighters, demanding their fill of blood.

A scraggly man was sent flying backwards by Y/n's kick, he bounced off the tarmac, coughing feverishly. Y/n stalked towards his opponent, knowing that the man wasn't in condition to fight, even before entering the ring he wasn't. He could smell that the man was starved and ill, definitely needing the money from the underground arena more than him. The roaring voice of the commentator drowned out the crowd almost entirely.

Commentator: "And it seems as though Ripper will remain the crowd's champion!! With this fight having only one outcome, it's entirely up to Ripper how he ends this!!"

The howling of the crowed was almost defining, they were yelling different ways to kill the dying man.

"Tear out his throat!"

"Smash his skull!"

"Rip him apart!"

The frail man tried to crawl away, reaching towards the monsters watching him, before his head was slammed into the floor. As he was lifted up by his arms, the colossal room slithered around him like a pit of giant snakes. He screamed, feeling his shoulders get pulled from their sockets, but they kept going until skin, muscle, and eventually bone were torn away. He fell towards the concreate, his dismembered arms in front of his face.

Y/n lent in close to the man, an almost sad smile on his face.

Y/n: "Sorry about this, nothing personal."

The last thing the man saw before he blacked out, was a pair of cold, controlled yellow eyes staring into his own bloodshot and tearstained ones.

Timeskip

Loud sizzling came from every pot in the kitchen, With Y/n and Miia channelling every ounce of culinary skill they had to perform basic cooking.

Miia threw her four magical S seasonings into the pot: sugar, salt, vinegar, and soy sauce. Nobody was quite sure how she had come to the conclusion that this would instantly improve any food, but she had, and she made it everybody else's problem. They also elected not to question why vinegar was there given, you know, it doesn't start with an S.

Y/n was using a much more refined method of cooking, that being having a functioning sense of logic and common sense.

He'd found out that being superhuman basically put every physical activity to easy mode, so crushing onions and cutting precise amounts of butter was child's play as he simply sniffed the air to find out if the steak that he was cooking was done on each side.

However, having the nose to sniff out blood from several hundred meters away also had drawbacks. One such downside being the acrid smell of fire, especially if it was caused by Miia's divine inability to cook food without massively messing up.

Using her tail, she put a lid over the pan to stop the fire that had grown to a meter high in a matter of seconds. While Miia was daydreaming about something that she was sure Y/n would describe as utter filth, she felt a sharp jolt through her entire body. She didn't even notice the pot was boiling over until it was pointed out, so she grabbed the steel with her bare hands and lifted it off the stove.

Her shrieks probably burst the eardrums of everyone unlucky enough to be on the block at that moment. Before Y/n or kimihito, who'd been observing the reptilian duo cook, could do anything Miia had grabbed a roll of bandages and dashed to her room at lightning speed.

Y/n: "Give me sec and I'll deal with her."

Kimihito stopped mid step, looking over at Y/n as he put the perfectly cooked steak onto a plate. He thought that Y/n was odd, something that was normal in this house, but Y/n was strange in a different way. Kimihito was confident in his own skill to read people, it was the only way to deal with his demi-human housemates, but he could never get a solid tell on what the only other male was thinking.