8: Everyday life with - okay, this is too many roommates

Y/n slapped his alarm clock off his bedside table, the incessant ringing stopping as it unplugged. He wriggled further into his blankets, finally able to enjoy sleep again, now that Rachnera had help him shed. Just as he was about to fall back into his dreams, the alarm clock went off.

He forced himself up, trying to keep as much of himself in bed as he reached across the floor to turn off the alarm. As he picked up the clock, sadly having had to fully leave the comfort of his blankets, he saw that it had writing on its screen.

"Wake the hell up. With regards, God."

Y/n resisted the urge to swear at the one who kept minorly inconveniencing his life, knowing from experience it would make his morning much more of a headache. Looking back at his now plugged in alarm, he saw it was six in the morning.

Y/n: "Fucking earlybird-ass housemates."

He pulled on a tank top and shorts before walking downstairs, yawning loudly.

After an hour of cooking with Kimihito and eating breakfast, Y/n was washing the dishes, complacent to do it alone cause how much of a pain he was while shedding.

Rachnera: "breakfast was simply wonderful, Honey."

He ignored the pet-name, knowing that a reaction was what the spider wanted from him.

Y/n: "You know that Kimihito did most of the work on it?"

While one reptile could ignore the arachnae, the other could not.

Miia: "What the hell do you think you're doing calling him Honey!?"

Most of the others backed up slightly at the lamia's shout. Ever since Rachnera started staying with them, Miia had been in a strange mood, both constantly pissed off at Y/n but also being weirdly clingy towards him.

Y/n was pretty sure this was vengeance from God because he said tsunderes were better than all other anime girl tropes to his friends in a heated debate one time. He still stood by that objectively wrong and frankly stupid opinion that no sane person would agree with.

Rachnera: "Oh, would you rather I call him something else? Like dear, or perhaps darling?"

This was the lamia's breaking point.

Miia: "You better watch it you skanky spider!"

She sprung into the air and swung at the arachnae, only to be wrapped in silk. Unlike when she'd restrained Y/n, where she had used a full-blown caccoon, with Miia she used her thread like it was bondage rope.

Rachnera: "Oh no dear, you can call me Rachnera, we're all friends here."

Miia turned from her bound position on the floor to glare at the lilac haired woman.

Miia: "Get her Papi."

The harpy was too busy swinging on a hammock made by Rachnera, with Suu there as well because those two were practically inseparable.

Papi: "Wow this is so fun! I want you to be my big sister!"

Rachnera: "There's the greeting I was hoping for."

Miia was losing allies against the spider fast. Then again, nobody else in the household particularly felt threatened by her because it was clear she was going for Y/n.

Mero: "Howdy, which ocean did you come from?"

Rachnera: "Oh no silly, I'm a spider not a crab."

Miia was taken aback, sweet and kind Mero was getting along with the sultry, and sometimes downright cruel, Rachnera. But the snake was still sure that Centorea would take her side. As if she knew Miia was thinking off her, the centaur spoke up.