4

"So, what kind of flowers do you want?" Harry asked as they strolled down the flower market.

"I don't know. That one?" Louis said and pointed at the first flower he saw.

"That's a flower for funerals." Harry chuckled.

"Oh." Louis smirked before he added, "I don't know anything about flowers."

"What kind of flowers do you usually buy for Eleanor?" Harry asked.

"Ehm, I'm not the flower buying kind of guy." Louis admitted with a sheepish smile.

Why wasn't he surprised?
"What's your favorite flower then?" Harry asked.

"I like daffodils." Louis answered.

Harry couldn't help but smile.
"Those are cute. Does Eleanor like daffodils as well?"

"Not really." Louis chuckled.

"You know what? You can never go wrong with roses. It's a classic." Harry said, trying to be helpful.

"Roses it is then. Color?" Louis asked as they walked over to the rose section.

"Well, I know that Eleanor has chosen pink for the maids dresses so I would suggest pink and white flowers." Harry said.

"A pink wedding huh? Sure." Louis said with a shoulder shrug.

"Do you want something else? It's your wedding too, you know." Harry answered.

"I always pictured a small wedding, but Eleanor wants a big one and I want her to be happy so it's okay." Louis answered.

"Yeah, I would also have a small wedding, just the closest. Anyhow, that's nice of you. How long have you two been together?" Harry asked.

"Since high school." Louis answered.

Harry was just about you comment on it when a man in front of him caught his attention. He gasped and hunched down, hiding behind a table.
"No, no, no."

"Harry? What are you doing?" Louis asked in confusion.

"Shhhhh...." Harry hushed him but it was too late.

"Harry? I thought that was you!"

Harry stood up.
"Hi Nate. Wade." Harry said dismissively.

"How do you know each other?" Louis asked curiously.

"Oh, funny story actually. Nate here was my fiance before he decided to sleep with my best friend on our wedding rehearsal. Yeah, that's Wade over there." Harry snorted.

Nate and Wade twisted uncomfortably.
"Really Harry?" Nate questioned and Harry smiled sweetly at him.

"Oh, that dickhead? Hi, I'm Doctor Louis Tomlinson, Harrys husband." Louis said and Harry chocked on spit.

Nate and Wade hurried off and Harry turned to Louis.
"Thanks,  you didn't have to do that."

"Please, it was the least I could do. What an idiot. Be happy you didn't marry him." Louis snorted.

"Yeah." Harry sighed before he added "I need a drink."

A drink meant a bottle of whisky in the backseat of Louis car while he drove him home. When they arrived at his apartment complex he had managed to drink 2/3 of the bottle. Louis helped him out of the car and lead him toward the door. Harry stumbled and giggled.
"Ooops!"

"Hi there, where's your keys?" Louis asked.

Harry waved the handbag on his arm and took another sip of the bottle.
"Can you give them to me?" Louis asked patiently.

Harry gave him the bottle to hold and opened his back. It took him some time to find the keys but switched them with the bottle when he did. Louis placed him to lean against a wall before he unlocked the door and helped him inside. They stumbled their way to Harrys apartment. Harry was leaning heavy on Louis for support.
"I'm sorry. This is so unproffesional of me. Meeting Nate pulled the rug under my feet. I haven't seen him in years." Harry babbled.

"It's fine Harry, really." Louis answered calmly.

They managed to get inside and Louis walked him to the living room. Harry threw himself down on the couch. He sighed unhappy.
"Thanks for helping me home."

"No problem." Louis answered. He disappeared into the kitchen and came back with a glass of water and handed it over to Harry without a word before he sat next to him in the couch.
"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"About how much of a failure I am?" Harry grunted and took a sip of water.

"What? No! He's an asshole. I can't believe he did that to you!" Louis argues upset.

"I wasn't enough. I'm not good enough." Harry said in a small voice.

Louis wrapped an arm around his shoulders and squeezed Harrys body against his own.
"Don't think like that. You're wonderful. He was a moron but you're better off without him. He wouldn't have made you happy."

"Maybe." Harry sighed.

He realized that he was resting his head against Louis chest and sat up abruptly and moved away. Louis removed his arm and they sat there in an awkward silence for a moment.
"It's getting late. I should head home." Louis finally said.

They got up from the couch and Harry walked him to the front four, swaying a little.
"Are you gonna be okay?" Louis asked.

"Yeah, I'm gonna sleep it off. Thanks for getting me home." Harry answered.

Louis left and Harry closed the door behind him. Why did Louis have to get married? It wasn't fair. He was just about to turn off the light and head to the bedroom when there was a knock on the door. He went to open it to find Louis outside.
"Did you forget something?"

"It's just...we don't really know each other. I have no idea if you broke a bone when you were a kid, if you have glasses or what your favourite ice cream flavour is but I can't stop thinking about that night in the park. It was one of the best nights in my life and that's kind of pathetic, but..." Louis rambled nervously.

Harry held up a hand.
"I'm gonna stop you right there. You're getting married Louis. You have nothing to offer me. Don't say shit like that."

"Yeah, I'm sorry. It won't happen again. Goodnight Harry." Louis sighed and turned around and left.

Harry closed the door with a deep sigh.