6

"What's going on with you?" Niall asked.

Harry sighed and rubbed his face.
"Nothing much. I'm just planning the wedding for someone who would be perfect for me. Life isn't always fair."

"You really like him, don't you?" Niall wondered with a sad face.

"Yes." Harry admitted.

"But like, you really like him." Niall continued.

"So what? I'm not a homewrecker Niall. I would never break up a wedding and it doesn't matter anyhow. Louis loves Eleanor." Harry argues upset.

"Right..." Niall answered and pouted his lower lip. Then he cheered up. "You know what we need? Cocktail drinks and a great beat. You and me, clubbing, Saturday."

"Sure, why not?" Harry smiled.

Later that afternoon he went to his weekly scrabble game. Zayn was there this week as well. They hadn't talked since their coffee date. He was a great guy but Harry wasn't feeling it. Maybe because he was too busy pining after an already taken man? He should give Zayn a chance.

Ruth, Charles, and Carl were wonderful like always and they had a great evening together. When they aw were wrapping it up Harry took Zayn to the side.
"I was wondering if you would like to have dinner with me two Saturdays from now?" That was the day of Louis's wedding. He would plan it but he refused to watch the man of his dreams marrying someone else.

Zayn looked surprised.
"You wanna go on a date?"

"Yes." Harry smiled.

"Uhm, sure, why not?" Zayn answered. He sounded hesitant.

Great. Now he just had to break the news to Niall that he would be in charge of the Tomlinson/Calder wedding day. He didn't take it well.
"What? No!" Niall screeched.

"This is your big chance, Niall. Don't worry. I'll be there the whole day, making sure that everything runs smoothly but you'll take over when the wedding ceremony starts." Harry said.

"Why? Where are you going? What can be so important that you have to leave?" Niall questioned.

"Well, I have a date." Harry answered with a fake smile.

Niall gave him a knowing look.
"Huh."

Harry sighed and dragged a hand through his hair.
"So?"

"Well, fine. I'll cover your ass but that just because I have a big heart. Wanna talk about it?" Niall asked softly.

"Nope." Harry answered and Niall didn't push.

On Friday he embraced himself for the meeting with Louis and his bride-to-be. He kept it professional, totally ignoring Louis's eyes on him, and went through all the details to make sure everything was planned for. The invitations had been sent out weeks ago, the food had been decided and they had picked out flowers and china and decorations. Harry had done some of his best work on this wedding.

After the meeting, Nick asked him to come into his office.
"You really did it!" Nick grinned.

"I told you I would." Harry replied.

"I thought we should sign the contract, business partner." Nick said and waved some paper in his hand.

Harry smiled. This was a huge step forward on his career ladder. Too bad it had to come with such a personal cost. Damn that Louis Tomlinson. He signed the papers and shook Nicks's hand.

Niall waited for him outside and squealed with joy when he informed him that he had signed a contract.
"We're celebrating tomorrow!"

On Saturday Niall took him to a popular club downtown and bought him his first drink. They hung out by the bar while they waited for a table to be free. The place was packed.

They had just bought their second drink when Harry heard a very familiar voice behind him.
"Oi Oi! It's my wedding planner!"

He slowly turned around to find a drunk Louis smiling at him. He could hear Niall mutter "oh no" beside him.

"Hi, Louis."

"Liam! That's him!" Louis said and pointed his finger at Harry repeatedly.

"Your wedding planner, you already said that. Hi,  I'm Louis's best friend Liam. We're having a bachelor party. He's pretty pissed." Liam said and shook Harry's and Niall's hands.

Louis was peaking over Liam's shoulder, having to tiptoe to be able to see. Harry couldn't help but smile at him. He was adorable. Niall jabbed an elbow in his ribs to remind him they were in public.
"Right, have a great bachelor party. We're gonna go dance." He said and gave Louis one last look before Niall dragged him away.

"Are you okay?" Niall asked.

"Fucking fabulous." Harry mumbled through gritted teeth.

They went to the dancefloor and he got lost in the music, at least until Louis and Liam started to dance next to them. Harry burst out laughing when he watched Louis dance silly. Niall took his arm and dragged him off the dancefloor to buy something to drink.
"You keep away from him!"

"What? I am!" Harry defended himself.

Wherever they were, Louis seemed to be right next to them. Niall did his best to keep them apart and it seemed like Louis's friend Liam had taken the same role. Harry did the only thing he could do. He got really drunk. He could have just gone home but this was his night out celebrating his big promotion. Louis Tomlinson wouldn't take that away from him.

When Louis shouted "body shots!" while looking directly at him he knew that he had to get out of there. He grabbed Niall and rushed out of the club, drunkenly stumbling. They caught a cab and headed home. Niall made sure that he got inside safely before he went home.

Harry was laying in bed. Everything was spinning. He was thinking about Louis and the fact that he would be married next Saturday. Why? Their marriage would last a year at most. He had seen it so many times. She couldn't possibly make him happy. She didn't even know what kind of wedding he wanted. He found his phone and called Louis but went to voice mail.
"Hi, Louis, it's Harry. Uhm, pink iiiiish ssssuch a cli...eh, clishhhh, fuch, cliché and who needs shhthree hundred people atsh a wedding? And don't get me ssssshtarted on wind beneath my wings. You're making a missshtake, because, you know, there'sss me. Okay, byyyye."

He fell asleep after that.