8

Wedding day. Harry just wanted to crawl under his covers and stay there but he couldn't do that. He sighed deeply and got out of bed to get ready. He took a shower and made sure to dress for the occasion. Fucking wedding. He was in a lousy mood but he just needed to get through a couple of hours of final preparations before he could get away.

Eleanor was waiting for him when he arrived and he put in a smile. This was the happiest day of her life. He wasn't gonna ruin that.
"Hi, Eleanor. Big day. Excited?"

"Nervous." Eleanor answered.

"That's normal. Come on, let me introduce you to your hairstylist and make-up artist. They're gonna make you look fabulous." Harry said and escorted her to the room that was set up.

He left her in capable hands, knowing it would take a couple of hours until she was done. Niall showed up and he walked over to him.
"Ready for today?"

"I'm nervous Harry! What if something goes wrong?" Niall said in a shaky voice.

"Nonsense. Everything is planned. You just have to make sure it runs smoothly. You've helped me with so many weddings. You can do this." Harry encouraged.

"Yeah, okay. What could go wrong?" Niall smiled.

They spent the day making sure that everything was perfect. The flowers were delivered and they arranged them.

He knew the second Louis arrived from the way his hair stood up in the back of his neck. He turned around to face the groom.
"Hi, Louis. Big day!" He smiled.

"Uhm, yeah." Louis mumbled and stared intensely at him.

"No time to spare, go get ready." Harry rushed.

"I'm just putting on a tuxedo. It won't take long." Louis chuckled.

"Well, we're gonna fix your hair as well and you know, just try and relax. Eat some lunch." Harry rambled.

"I'll get out of your way." Louis answered and walked away. Harry let out a breath of relief and glanced at the time. Two hours until he could get out of here.

He kept busy and before he knew it the guest started to arrive. He found Niall.
"So, I'm handing over everything to you now."

"Are you leaving already?" Niall screeched.

"Yeah. You'll be fine. Make sure the guest finds their seats, check in on the bride and groom." Harry said before he walked to his car and drove away with a heavy heart.

He broke down crying as soon as he entered his apartment. When he had managed to collect himself he got ready for an early dinner. He wanted to have something to occupy his mind while the wedding happened. He met up with Zayn in front of a popular restaurant and they went inside to have dinner.

Louis was pacing back and forth in his room. He had put in the tuxedo and he could hear the wedding party talking outside. He needed to talk to Eleanor.

He managed to sneak into her room without being seen and broke out in a smile when he saw her in her wedding dress.
"You're beautiful."

Eleanor turned around.
"You're not supposed to see me before the wedding!"

"I'm glad I did. Come, let's go for a walk." Louis said and reach out a hand for her to take.

"The wedding is about to start." Eleanor protested but she took his hand.

"We have time." Louis smiled.

They snuck out and strolled through the vineyard. Louis glanced at her.
"Eleanor, why do you wanna marry me?"

"What?" Eleanor questioned.

"It's a simple question really. Why do you wanna marry me?" Louis repeated.

"We've been together for ages. It's time for the next step." Eleanor replied.

"That's what I suspected." Louis said.

"What are you doing? You can't leave me at the altar! I would be humiliated. All those people..." Eleanor panicked, close to tears.

"I would never do that to you. If you really love me I'm gonna marry you and I promise that I will work hard to be a good husband." Louis answered.

Eleanor looked relieved and unsure at the same time.
"So do you? Am I the love of your life?" Louis asked.

Eleanor hesitated.
"I...it's our wedding day Louis!"

"I know, and we should have talked about this before. We've been together for so long El. We became adults together and you're my best friend. Forget about this, come on, let's just get married. I'm sorry." Louis sighed and turned around to head back.

"Wait! No." Eleanor shouted.

He turned around slowly.
"No?"

Eleanor took a deep breath.
"You're right. I don't love you, well I do, but not like that, not anymore."

Louis smiled widely and gave her a hug.
"I feel the same way."

Eleanor started to laugh.
"What are we going to do? They're all waiting for us."

"I'll take care of it. We have a wedding planner, don't we? He'll help me. Do you wanna get away from here?" Louis asked.

"Yeah. Sorry, but I can't face all of them even if this is the right decision." Eleanor said remorsefully.

Louis took her hand and led her to the parking lot. The car that would take them to the airport for their honeymoon was parked there and he found the key in his pocket and handed it over to Eleanor.
"Go on our honeymoon. This will blow over."

Eleanor smiled and pecked his cheek.
"Thank you, Louis. We were about to make a huge mistake. Now, go find that gorgeous wedding planner." She said with a wink before she got in the car.

Louis let out a surprised laugh. She knew? He waved as she drove off.
"Is that the bride? What the hell?" Someone shouted.

He turned his head to find Niall running up to him.
"Yeah, there won't be a wedding."

Niall looked like he was about to faint.
"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Sorry, I need to find Harry." Louis said but Niall stopped him before he could runoff.

"He's not here. He put me in charge."

"He's not? Where is he?" Louis asked, sounding surprised?

"Ehm, he's on a date." Niall informed him.

"A date? Where?" Louis screeched, an octave higher than normal.

Niall gave him a long look and he blushed from his piercing blue gaze. Then Niall smiled widely and told him the name of the restaurant.

Louis rushed to his car.
"Wait! What about the wedding?"

"Just tell them it's off!" Louis shouted over his shoulder. He got to his car and drove off.

Niall gulped. He was about to make a really awkward announcement.